Sign in to follow this  
goodperson36

Whic AI traffic product should i buy

Thus far my performance with UTL 2 beta has also been phenomenal, as others have mentioned. Tried out Flytampa Boston with the gates full in the NGXu in 5.1 (I think I set the number of AI to around 300 in the UI, far beyond where I would normally see my system get hammered). Really couldn’t detect any impact. 

For myself AI traffic is relatively low down the list of things I obsess over or want to spend time on when flying; I don’t want to fly into dead airports, I just want something that reasonably approximates real airlines with minimal to no effort on my part, with little performance impact. UTL has always served me well in that regard, and UTL 2 seems to have to potential to be a significant improvement. 

• Upvote 1

Brian Johnson

i9-9900K (OC 5.0), ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero Z390, Nvidia 2080Ti, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, OS on Samsung 860 EVO 1TB M.2, P3D on SanDisk Ultra 3D NAND 2TB SSD

If they’re going to keep selling 10 year old models they’d better at least perform well... 

I wouldn't have thought the performance was much better than traditional BGL files... why would that be? The models are the thing that makes the difference right? And UT2 uses older models which I wouldn't have thought where as optimized as well as some of the FSPXAI onees

• Upvote 1

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

2 hours ago, KL Oo said:

I wouldn't have thought the performance was much better than traditional BGL files.

100% correct, it's not any better performance wise.

Edited by Dave_YVR
  • Upvote 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Do not Pay, You can get it for free. We have FLAI in conjunction with AI Live Traffic (you need to pay for real traffic data base), as an exemplar. If you not pay=no IRL A/C. Your choice.

Edited by Wennerholm

The performance with active AI traffic depends on a lot of factors, but the most important one is the number of airplanes around you processed by the simulator: The more airplanes, the lower the performance.

In my new video, I have analyzed and detailed the performance with AI traffic in P3D. Check it out:

• Like 2

Yes this has always been my simple experience. Whilst some models might be slightly more complex that others, basically the more AI aircraft injected into the sim the greater the toll on the CPU. Weather its a linear relationship or not I'm not in a position to say.  

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

In my testing I found that 100, 200, 300 and up ai aircraft in the traffic bubble between AIG, UTL, TG, even MyTraffic would result in essentially the same (+/- 2-4) FPS, it's just that some look really good while others not so much. Low poly models don't perform any better, but they sure take their toll on your eyes.

We pay a lot of money in our hardware and various scenery add-ons, why fugly it all up with lesser quality traffic?

• Upvote 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

A couple questions for those trying this out:

Did they fix the feature to kill approach traffic (default CTRL-A I think)?  It was broken and the fix never came in UTL V1...it's a big PIA to have an airliner fly through you from behind while on ILS final.

Does the FSUIPC traffic zapper work on the UTL2 AI?  In V1, it didn't, so if you got to your parking spot to find some United Airlines squatter sitting there, you had to kill all the traffic rather than just firing one well-aimed P3D sidewinder using Pete's zapper.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

@Afterburner, very interesting video. What surprised me was as you added more than 100 Ai the impact lessened compared to up to 100. Not surprised MT gave better results with their very simplified models. Still wouldn’t dream of moving away from AIG though.

I run my monitor at 30Hz and with VSync enabled I use the facility in FSUIPC to adjust Ai to maintain 30fps. It deletes the furthest away first. Even at big airports like EGLL I can still get around 55 Ai. Helps when you’re waiting to depart too as the queue isn’t too bad.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On 11/12/2020 at 4:37 AM, Chapstick said:

If they’re going to keep selling 10 year old models they’d better at least perform well... 

well, that doesn´t matter if you use all the models of FLAI instead....😉

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

Yes, after my tests, I have decided that having 100-150 AI planes (from AIG) injected by the simulator is the sweet spot when it comes to quality vs. performance. At some smaller airports (or bigger airports with no other airports around, such as Amsterdam), you may not reach that number even with 100% AI traffic settings. Now I need to test some programs that limit the amount of traffic in my vicinity. It would be good if the program didn't just delete airplanes furthest away, but ensured that there are enough airplanes deleted at the nearest airport, so that there is enough parking space and congestion is kept in check.

@Afterburner, you need Ai Companion. Lots of handy features for controlling Ai and the priority of deleting them. You can run it on the same PC or networked if you have WideFS.

https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=29651.0

• Upvote 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

7 hours ago, Afterburner said:

Now I need to test some programs that limit the amount of traffic in my vicinity. It would be good if the program didn't just delete airplanes furthest away, but ensured that there are enough airplanes deleted at the nearest airport, so that there is enough parking space and congestion is kept in check.

FSUIPC's Limiter has several parameters you can experiment with to get the "sweet spot". Furthest, ground, whatever. 

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Thanks for the information, everyone. I will definitely check out the recommended tools to limit AI traffic.