Sign in to follow this  
precog

*** Explore amazing places with Flight Sim Discovery ***

This is amazing, can't wait to try it!

• Upvote 1

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

16 hours ago, fppilot said:

Is that in the Quartz mountains north of Altus?

It's in the far Northwest of Oklahoma Panhandle. In college and for a few years after, I had many  birding trips to Black Mesa on Christmas bird counts and never failed to spend time in Kenton, Ok. Mr. Duncan's store was a highlight (ate lots of cans of cold spaghetti from there). I haven't been there since the late 90's.  The atmosphere in Kenton is very memorable. The lack of sound (as in most of that area) is unforgettable. One can hear their own heartbeat. Hearing bird calls is easy and the sky at night is also unforgettable. By the way I was stationed in Altus for a while.  

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

7 hours ago, kaosfere said:

This is really impressive and will definitely give me some new targets for my VFR exploration flights.   Mind if I ask what data source(s) you used for your initial POI?

A lot of it was from Wikipedia and other forum posts when some talks about a cool location they have been to and then entering it in manually

Edited by precog
  • Like 3

I just added the Córdoba Guitar Forrest in Argentina!

469b44T.jpg

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

2 hours ago, Fielder said:

I just added the Córdoba Guitar Forrest in Argentina!

469b44T.jpg

I can almost hear the notes from the wind through the trees...

• Like 2

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

It's wonderful site and idea. It's just unclear to me whether those locations are also for their scenery quality in MSFS. It's one thing that the real location is fantastic, it's another thing whether it gets good imagery etc in MSFS justified for its beauty and wonder. 

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

It's a combination of both.  There are a lot of POIs added because they are very famous and we'll known.  I haven't explored all of them... yet, so I don't know what their MSFS representation is like.  There are also a lot of POIs I've added based off user screenshots from the in game MSFS.

There is also a rating system, so please rate the good and bad POIs.  The ones that get rate the worst I'll probably remove them from the web app.

Regardless, long term with what adobo is doing and along with the mod community, most of these locations will be pretty representative of their real world locations...and worth exploring.

Thanks to everybody who have checked this out over the last few days and provided feedback. Over the last few days the community has added 63 new awesome places to explore!

Update version 1.1

Based on some user feedback I’ve added some extra functionality to the app:

-you can now search for an individual point of interest (see map search input box)
-you can now name the flight plan before exporting it.
-users who have an account can update the location of their created POIs (before you could only update the name and description)

More functionality coming over the next few weeks 🙂

Update version 1.2

-added all the new Points of Interest and airports from the new USA update. 

Currently developing new functionality that will allow use to share and explore other users flight plans

Now, back to checking out the new USA update 🙂

Hey everyone, just implemented a major piece of functionality which you may find useful.  Exported Flight plans are now stored and shared with everyone on the site, which means each POI can contain one or more tours associated with it. For example click on the Canberra (Australia) POI, and you should see a tour around the east coast of Australia.  Just one click more on the tour itself and you can import the .pln right into your MSFS.

Other changes made are:

-Stats page accessible by anyone now available.  You can find out what are the most popular points of interests, flight plans and the top users.
-There are now 1645 points of interest to explore
-An anonymous user (i.e. user not logged in) can now flag a POI if it is inappropriate

More changes coming in the future.  If you have any suggestion then do let me know.  I'll most likely implement them.

Happy flying 🙂

• Like 1

I just wanted to say "THANK YOU" to precog for putting this site together. My son and I do a multiplayer flight once a week and I use your site to get ideas for our flight plan and POIs to see. It's a great way to explore the world! Thanks for your hard work on the site and for sharing this with the community!

• Upvote 1

precog thank you so much for this fantastic site

i hope to use it a lot it is brilliant well put together

• Upvote 1

jeff storey

Thanks for feedback guys.  It's great to hear from end users that they are enjoying the web app.  I'm just glad to be able to give back to this great community after all the fantastic add-ons and apps I've used over the years.