Sign in to follow this  
robert young

Bonanza Turbo V3 RELEASED

I probably didn't explain myself very clearly (try as I might). Ultimately, it was not a fly-by-wire thing or a rudder thing. It's just the craptastic sim after this update again. I cleared out all of my control presets and calibrations and started over again. PITA. But it seems to have alleviated the problem - she flies fine now. I also discovered Asobo seems to have changed the logical sense of my throttle axes which required some rejiggering to get them to span the full dynamic range of the throttle axis again.

Like many others have articulated, I am just - on the whole - depressed about having dropped $120 on a sim that is devolving by the update. Should have dropped it on P3Dv5.

36 minutes ago, DAL1850 said:

I probably didn't explain myself very clearly (try as I might). Ultimately, it was not a fly-by-wire thing or a rudder thing. It's just the craptastic sim after this update again. I cleared out all of my control presets and calibrations and started over again. PITA. But it seems to have alleviated the problem - she flies fine now. I also discovered Asobo seems to have changed the logical sense of my throttle axes which required some rejiggering to get them to span the full dynamic range of the throttle axis again.

Like many others have articulated, I am just - on the whole - depressed about having dropped $120 on a sim that is devolving by the update. Should have dropped it on P3Dv5.

Glad you got the controls fixed. I find that I need to move all my controls to their full extent before starting a flight. For some reason it is often needed to make sure the controls are responding correctly later on.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Bonanza HDG Bug. Flying today, when pressing the HDG knob to align the HDG bug with the current HDG, It always goes to around the 030 position. Any one else seen this. If so, what is the fix?

I think there is a general problem with the 'sync to current heading' feature of the G1000.  I have noticed it be off on a few aircraft, not just the Bonanza.  Another Asobo bug....  Maybe I'll make a video of that one next time.

• Like 1

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

8 hours ago, Phantoms said:

Robert, any panel modding experience? Perhaps we could get this added to the panel (the switch wouldn't really control anything) since this is the Turbo and would see 12000+ ft regularly.

panel.jpg

Sorry. 3d graphics is not a strong point.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

14 hours ago, robert young said:

Glad you got the controls fixed. I find that I need to move all my controls to their full extent before starting a flight. For some reason it is often needed to make sure the controls are responding correctly later on.

You are not the only one. I always have to move the yoke and rudder pedals to all  extremes after loading up a flight and before flying or else it will cause problems after flying. Sometimes I even notice the on screen yoke or pedals offset one way or the other when I load up a flight. Exercising them through all there motions before flying fixes it.

James

44 minutes ago, Phantoms said:

I find that I need to move all my controls to their full extent before starting a flight.

This was in Robert’s guide included with the aircraft, it’s become part of my checklist now...🛩

1 hour ago, Cmcollazo71 said:

This was in Robert’s guide included with the aircraft, it’s become part of my checklist now...🛩

Good habit.

"Flight Controls free and correct" or some variant of that, is on pretty much every single pre-takeoff checklist for every real world aircraft.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cmcollazo71 said:

It's not just this aircraft, it's all of them in MSFS (stock, deluxe, modded and Addon).

• Like 2

James

21 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

- If you are happy with a 2D and INOP representation it would be a 2 minute job to add the relevant bits to the panel texture file, probably bottom RHS where there is space.  it would look OK for normal distance and pilot position but obviously be a bit substandard if you zoomed in on the switches or viewed from the co-pilot seat.   This 2D "fudge"  is the sort of quick and dirty mod that is easy to create and might be suitable for people to download separately so long as they are aware it will only look OK from one view position -  but I very much doubt Rob would see something like that as being acceptable quality to ship with the main Turbo Bonanza mod.

- To add additional 3D switches and gauges to the default panel is of course a much much bigger job.

- To also make them functional is of course a seriously major job. You are adding systems,  oxygen and an emergency beacon, to an aircraft that does not currently have either.

The Caravan and the Mooney have Oxygen gauges. Now I just need to figure out how they did it.

Screenshot-105.png

Screenshot-106.png

James

Reading up at FSDeveloper the consensus is that gauges are part of the 3D model itself and a complete pain in the butt. You'd basically be re-modelling the plane just to add a gauge to the panel.

James

I think it's more important now, than ever before, to move controls before you start rolling. In the past I've intermittently experienced wonky controls after forgetting to move controls first. Yesterday, I was in a hurry to try a new freeware modded plane and didn't do a control check. Started rolling and I had no surface (not even a wee bit) control whatsoever. Just tootled around in the grass trying to figure out what was going on. Darnedest thing I've ever seen in a flightsim(?)  

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Apologies if this has been covered in earlier posts - What is the recommended Mixture % for 75% loaded take off at MSL, Climb to 12'000' at 800 fpm, & cruise at 12,000' around 150mph.

T45

Edited by Treetops45

1 hour ago, Treetops45 said:

What is the recommended Mixture % for 75% loaded take off at MSL

TAKEOFF Take-Off Power………………………FULL THROTTLE at 2700 rpm

Minimum  Recommended Take-Off Oil Temperature………...24°C (75°F)

1.  Brakes – HOLD

2.  Manifold Pressure – 25 IN. Hg or more

3.  Mixture – FULL RICH

4.  Propeller – HIGH RPM

5.  Oil Pressure  - CHECK

6.  Manifold Pressure – FULL THROTTLE (29.6)  

7.  Auxiliary Fuel Pump   - OFF Below 5,000’ Density Altitude  (D.A.) - ON  LO above 5,000’ D.A.  

8.  Fuel Flow – 35.0 gph

9.  Oil Pressure  – within operating range

10.  Brakes – RELEASE to begin takeoff roll

11.  Airspeed – ACCELERATE TO AND MAINTAIN TAKEOFF SPEEDS

12.  Landing Gear – RETRACT (after positive rate of  climb is established)

13.  Airspeed – ESTABLISH 115 – 120 KTS CLIMB SPEED (when clear of obstacles)

14.  Rpm – Reduce to 2650 RPM for noise abatement as soon as climb airspeed and terrain clearance allow. 

This is from the:

F.A.A. Approved Airplane Flight Manual Supplement – 550 Aircraft With Turbonormalizer Systems Installed After August 1, 2000  And Aircraft With Earlier Turbonormalizer System Installations, but Modified to Conform to Systems Installed After August 1, 2000 

Found on the Tornado Alley website... there are continued procedures for cruise climb, cruise, descent, approach etc. 

• Like 2