Sign in to follow this  
HighBypass

DC Designs Concorde GS indicator reversed!

I'm sure I'm correct in this, and have launched a ticket over at Just Flight. After establishing on the ILS localiser, I believe one intercepts the glideslope from below; the indicator progresses down the display so that you pitch down to fly the beam.

Looking at an approach chart for EGCC RWY23R, one should be at 3500 feet altitude to intercept the GS at 10 miles out.

If you've really screwed up your test flight, got the CG wrong by not removing enough fuel from the correct tanks and going slow enough to let her descend like a brick because the autopilot doesn't have the pitch authority at the high weight and slow speed (D'OH!!), one might see this type of low level shenanigans! HOWEVER, I believe the fact is that at 7.4 miles out, and 540 feet showing on the altimeter, then the GS indicator should be pegged at the top of the display telling me to fly up!

Please advise (just the gauge logic, not my ineptitude! :rolleyes:) Cheers.VOpoZve.jpg

Mark Robinson

"What's it doing now?"

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

I don't know how you end up like that. A few issues, inbound course should be 232 not 244 as is selected on the HSI, what is that indication "course selected (232) for? The actual HSI course selected is indicating about 225.

IF you could show the MCP it would be much easier to have an idea. Are you off the INS, are you in APP mode selected? So many questions.

There is something else worth of mentioning here, if you pay attention on HSI you can notice NAV in red, that indicates no or bad signal for the nav selected as a unreliable info, sometimes GS will just center by itself based on the software version or just go away from the view. But from the picture there is no way of being established on LOC without proper signal.

What kind of indications you had at 3500FT when on 187 and 232 hdg/course before D10.0 on LOC and GS? 

Would you try again as per Jepp procedure from D12 on 007 hdg, reversed course to intercept 187 and on loc 232 at 3500 before D10 and report back with pictures (and MCP) if you think that is something wrong?

Thanks.

• Like 1

Disregard that statement about 244, I was wrong about it, that's the ground speed, irrelevant in our case.

See please if you on INS or RAD (radio), that will make a difference.

Edited by killthespam

1 hour ago, killthespam said:

232 not 244 as is selected on the HSI

244 is the groundspeed :wink:

Yeah - I'd turned off the AP I was just banking around on manual flight after getting way behind the plane - The 232 radial is lined up on the HSI but it deflected very quickly given my crazy attitude 😉

I shall experiment further cheers!

• Like 1

Mark Robinson

"What's it doing now?"

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

3 minutes ago, killthespam said:

See please if you on INS or RAD

INS is for display only for DC Designs Concorde - it only shows current Lat/Long and isn't progammable. Default GPS only for following a flight plan.

Mark Robinson

"What's it doing now?"

I see, now they need to design correct the HSI and the INS with correct indications. 

Another developer with limited software.

• Upvote 1

To be fair, it is advertised as NOT being equal to FS Labs :wink:

• Like 1

Mark Robinson

"What's it doing now?"

CONFIRMED the indicator is wrong.... This time I'd got Concorde's CG and weight to be more respectable for an approach. Fair weather preset. 05L ILS selected. 052 degress 109.55 frequency (see Little blue NAV1 box to left of up front control panel).

As soon as one selects ILS (AUTO LAND light illuminates) then ALT HOLD disengages!! It doesn't wait for the GS to be intercepted. Thankfully I spotted this and engaged it once more (EDIT Hence the 1500 feet selected.) then waited until the GS indicator moved... UPWARDS towards the centre position.  :wacko: Incidentally, I do not think this bird as she stands will do a CATIII autoland safely... whilst she did pitch down to follow the GS initially, she overshot so I had to disconnect the automatics and managed to flare (just!!) and land manually - undercarriage inspection (and virtual underpants..) required...

t3sx06g.jpg

Edited by HighBypass
  • Like 1

Mark Robinson

"What's it doing now?"

I believe this issue will be fixed in an update according to the forum over at Just Flight :cool:

Mark Robinson

"What's it doing now?"

The first update is out. The GS indicator is now fixed. First update? Yes because I think there might (shoudl!) be at least one more.. The GS indicator in the artificial horizon is still reversed...:dry: Nor do I appear to have functioning flight directors either.

It has been mentioned in the appropriate JF forum :wink:

If only the AP reactions/effectiveness in pitch could be improved so that there is little oscillation when trying to capture the GS then that would help also..

• Upvote 1

Mark Robinson

"What's it doing now?"

There will be a further update to correct the GS indicator in the artificial horizon. Interestingly I found out via the JF forum that the flight director needles for the AH are not missing - they are not actually modelled in this "lite" Concorde. That saved me sending in another ticket :cool:

Mark Robinson

"What's it doing now?"