Sign in to follow this  
Roger_Roger

PMDG 737NGXu Variants

Following a new Windows 10 64 bit PC installation and a clean install of P3dV5.1 my PMDG 737 - 700NGX VRInsight MCP works perfectly, does what it says on the tin! Probem is the other PMDG 737 Variants, e.g. 737-800 and -900 whilst recognised by LINDA in the selection box at the top of the splash page, they do not function with the other variants.  I have tried copying the -700 Linda files into the -900 folder but no joy.  Be grateful for some guidance please

Many thanks - Roger Flitter

The standard NGX module should work with all variants. Let me see a screenshot of the Edit Module page (click edit at top left of main window).

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Simple answer one. You have not sync-ed LINDA with the sim. Click to highlight the aircraft in orange outline.

Edited by ScotFlieger

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi Andrew

My first screen shot may be deceiving - I did not have the sim running.  Apologies for that.

1. Loaded -900, Synced LINDA with Sim.  Alll Variants shown with 'Edit' but MCP Panel did not initialise nor did MCP buttons etc and switch panel U/C lever work.  Anew entry appeared in the 'Aircraft' list for the selected -900.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1w_BxO1FQRJd3oXL1S-ibFSjjrvsWTd5L/view?usp=sharing

2. Loaded a default aircraft followed by -700.  Synced with Sim.  All variants visible and MCP Panel initialised and MCP worked correclty including switch panel gear lever.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fm9NDykjWsZoTzY46NiN1USZQrZFA9r6/view?usp=sharing

3. Repeated above process and re-loaded -900 - symptoms as reported in (1) above.  Not sure if there is a problem or I am missing something - the latter is quite feasible!

Rgds - Roger Flitter

PMDG insists you always start from a default aircraft. They warn against switching directly between variants.

Edited by ScotFlieger

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Have you tried restarting the LUA engine after loading the new variants?

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Just a thought - I am on P3Dv5.1, is that relevant at all?  It carries improvents and bug fixes but the basisc don't appear to have changed

Please run the Fault Diagnosis Procedure (under LINDA Support) and change the aircraft as you report above. Then email me the logs. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

1 minute ago, Roger_Roger said:

Just a thought - I am on P3Dv5.1, is that relevant at all?  It carries improvents and bug fixes but the basisc don't appear to have changed

Did I not read that there are issues with PMDG on P3Dv5.1?

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi Andrew

I will run the diagnostics as per your note above, probably have to be tomorrow now.

I wasn't aware of any issues with 5.1 and PMDG but I will do a bit of research on it.

Thanks again for your help - always great;y appreciated

Rgds - Roger

Issue Solved. Case closed.  This was down to an additional LINDA PMDG 737-900 Module file in FSUIPC/LINDA.CFG and LINDA/Aircrafts.  With this file deleted it left justone file,  PMDG Boeing 737 NGXu, which is the only folder necessary to support  all PMDG 737 NGXu variants.

Thanks as always to Andrew AKA ScotFleiger for his help in diagnosing this problem.

Roger Flitter

Edited by Roger_Roger
Typos
  • Upvote 1