Sign in to follow this  
regis9

CTD - P3D v5.1 Tries to Load Scenery Objects at Main Menu

Hello, after having not flown P3D for some time I updated to 5.1 and tried to go for a flight.  Now when I load it up, I get to the main menu, a pop up window appears that says loading scenery objects, it gets stuck at 1%, then it crashes.  This is without me hitting ok to go into the sim.  This is repeatable.  No log file generated in Event Viewer.  Anyone else seeing this?

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Yes, had the same issue yesterday. No explanation until now - rebooting and restarting P3DV5.1 after that without any problems. 

Thanks, it’s happened to me three times in a row now, with PC reboots in between.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

11 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Thanks, it’s happened to me three times in a row now, with PC reboots in between.

The main reason for this is a corrupted scenery index. Try to change something of your scenery add-ons, so that the scenery indecies and databases will be re-build at P3D start up. If you have Lorbys add-on manager you can clear the scenery index with this tool aswell.

Usually if something was changed to scenery it should force a database and indecies re-build by P3D at startup, but it seems it´s not always reliable the case. 

Edited by BerndB

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

Thanks I’ll give that a shot.

Dave