Sign in to follow this  
RobJC

$950 for a 3070 on Newegg...

The entire narrative around the 3000 series Nvidia cards being a lot of bang for the buck has so far been proven totally false. The only 3000 series cards I have seen available were all WAY over the MSRP. Ebay prices on new 3000 cards have scalper pricing. Even used prices for 2080Ti cards are ridiculous. I guess I will just milk this 1070 for a few more months or until prices come down. BTW, not expecting any improvement with AMD offerings. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

If you can wait, it's best to do so. Although AMD can hardly do as bad as Nvidia in matters of availability, I doubt they can do much better since there will be a huge demand for AMD cards as well. For some reason, lots of people have skipped the previous generation of cards and are now all wanting to upgrade at the same time.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

3 hours ago, orchestra_nl said:

If you can wait, it's best to do so. Although AMD can hardly do as bad as Nvidia in matters of availability, I doubt they can do much better since there will be a huge demand for AMD cards as well. For some reason, lots of people have skipped the previous generation of cards and are now all wanting to upgrade at the same time.

Unfortunately it will be much worse than the Ampere launch if this is true.

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-radeon-rx-6800-allegedly-1-5x-faster-than-geforce-rtx-3090-in-cryptocurrency-mining

1 hour ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-radeon-rx-6800-allegedly-1-5x-faster-than-geforce-rtx-3090-in-cryptocurrency-mining

That sucks. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

17 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Is Bitcoin still a thing,made a profit off it a few years ago buying and selling it but never really understood the purpose.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

4 hours ago, z06z33 said:

Is Bitcoin still a thing,made a profit off it a few years ago buying and selling it but never really understood the purpose.

Bitcoin and other electronic currency miners are still a big reason for new, higher end video cards being in short supply.  Couple that with those who bulk buy, then resell on eBay and it creates a condition where there is nearly no supply other than what the scalpers offer.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

The rumour may not be true. The article I posted above was updated with new information. We will know for sure in 8 days I guess. Hoping for the best...

On 11/9/2020 at 3:29 AM, orchestra_nl said:

Although AMD can hardly do as bad as Nvidia in matters of availability

Hehe....true....but in the spirit of TRUE competition between the 2 bitter rival companies....AMD just proved that they wanted to not only win the "best" video card race....but also the fastest sell-out time.  I was about 14.9987 seconds late to the party....

See here:

Would be cool to see the you tube reviewers actually do a "benchmark" on the 2 launches and see who actually "won" the sell-out-the-fastest competition.🤣

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg