Sign in to follow this  
Sphynnx

best VFR map app

Which VFR map app would you recommend, for VFR, guys? 

Windows, Android or iOS. 

I'm using right now, FS Map Tool with my 12,9 inches iPad but I wish I could have something more complex, I'd like to have airports, etc. 

Thank you very much, in advance, any advices are welcome 

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 4090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 8K Samsung Q900A 65" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Little nav map, get the latest beta because that works with Msfs2020 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Little Navmap is very underrated and a must have app!

• Upvote 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

this one without doubt... simple and easy, does not have the overhead of Little Navmap

plugin-vfrmap

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Little Navmap

• Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

You can add other maps, even sectionals and Google maps to LittleNavMap. Very fine when you have a second monitor to run it on so it doesn't take up space on the main display.

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

This:

It uses Bing maps, so you know what you will actually get 🙂

Edited by Noooch

since you asked for the "best", complex,  VFR app for MSFS. (and not the cheapest)

1) Buy Skydemon for iOS (PC license is included) 😇

2) Get MSFS bridge at Simmarket and install it on your MSFS PC.

Plan your route in Skydemon, then hit "Go flying" and instead of selecting "Use Location Services", choose "Use Xplane(!)" instead. 

But you can't go wrong with LNM. That utility is a god send. And free.

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

Another vote for LittleNavMap and encouragement to support Alex if you like it.

C

• Like 2

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

One more voice for Little Navmap here.    I like and and use it enough that I've donated to Alex in thanks for his work.

• Like 1

Thanks, guys

I'll try LNM

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 4090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 8K Samsung Q900A 65" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

1 hour ago, Sphynnx said:

Thanks, guys

I'll try LNM

I use both Little NavMap and the excellent VFR map. My only wish for the latter is that the nav data is not so in-you-face. It includes huge multi-coloured squares, circles, triangles with big thick lines. Other than that it is very good, and you can teleport, which is really useful given that there is no "go to an airport" function in MSFS (and no, teleporting via dev mode lat and long does not count as going to an airport!).

But for planning, comprehensive airport info, nav data, frequencies and excellent layout Little Nav Map is brilliant. 

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

14 minutes ago, robert young said:

(and no, teleporting via dev mode lat and long does not count as going to an airport!)

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, you can also teleport to an ICAO in dev mode, as well.   I do it fairly frequently.

5 minutes ago, kaosfere said:

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, you can also teleport to an ICAO in dev mode, as well.   I do it fairly frequently.

Ah ok - apologies if I got that wrong. How do you do that? I thought you had to enter Lat and Long coordinates. Edit: I stand corrected. Yes ICAO works. I hadn't noticed that before. 

But VFR map is still pretty good as you can teleport to any location by clicking on the map.

Edited by robert young

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page