Sign in to follow this  
alexkane

LNM and import option from simbrief

Checked it out and it works flawlessly. Thank you for adding this.

Do you think in the future there might be an option for Simbrief to add LNM as one of their export options, so that the flight plan automatically gets put in LNNM format in the right folder?

Just now, durieux said:

Do you think in the future there might be an option for Simbrief to add LNM as one of their export options, so that the flight plan automatically gets put in LNNM format in the right folder?

This is entirely up to SimBrief. You should contact them or post in their forum. The LNMPLN format is documented in the LNM user manual. 🙃

Alex

Upgraded LNM to version 2.8.7. yesterday. I still have an issue of importing Simbrief plans though I seem to follow all steps. 

I try to import when the route is built in Simbrief, Chrome with Simbrief is open on the same computer, credentials: pilot ID/username are right.

I would appreciate if you look into this matter, Thank you.

1 hour ago, pylon101 said:

Upgraded LNM to version 2.8.7. yesterday. I still have an issue of importing Simbrief plans though I seem to follow all steps. 

I try to import when the route is built in Simbrief, Chrome with Simbrief is open on the same computer, credentials: pilot ID/username are right.

I would appreciate if you look into this matter, Thank you.

Sorry, but I need more information. What is the error message?

Sir, it says:

URL: "https://www.simbrief.com/api/xml.fetcher.php?userid=FIRST LAST"

Error: Error transferring https://www.simbrief.com/api/xml.fetcher.php?userid=FIRST LAST - server replied: Bad Request (302)

My pilot ID is NFIRST LAST. I tried username with the same result. 

Sometimes Simbrief plans are excellent. For Istanbul (LTFM) or Katmandu (VNKT), for example. 

But in many cases those are horrible. Like KJFK-KDCA or KLGA-KDCA.

I believe that the function of Simbrief to LNM import is a valuable feature. 

Thank you for your help and your work, Alex.

Edited by albar965

1 hour ago, pylon101 said:

URL: "https://www.simbrief.com/api/xml.fetcher.php?userid=FIRST LAST"

Maybe the space in your userid is an issue. Try the pilot ID which seems to be a number only.
I wrote a chapter in the user manual that describes how to get user and pilot ID:
https://www.littlenavmap.org/manuals/littlenavmap/release/2.8/en/LOADSIMBRIEF.html#how-to-get-the-login-information

simbrief_user.jpg

This might be a bug in LNM which can not deal with the space. Will check.

Alex

Edit: I removed your user name from the post. Maybe better not post information like this in the public.

Edited by albar965

Thank you, Alex! It has worked with my username. 

KJFK-KDCA plan is still odd. But I can see it on the LNM. Hopefully I will get a better knowledge of LNM soon and will start building FMS plans in the LNM .

Thanks again!