Sign in to follow this  
mpo910

Simobjects through fog-Aerosoft addons-Please reply at them

I posted on Aerosoft Support forum about the simobjects of their addons shining through clouds/fog.

It would be great if all of you, who have these issues (EA Mode - P3D V5.1) will reply to that message over there so that Aerosoft sees that an update is necessary. They state their addons are compatible with P3D V5.X, which they ere clearly not.

It is the scenery devs who have to make updates on their products to keep them compatible. As Aerosoft states their products are compatible, we should reply to them they are not (at least not fully).

Here is the link to the post:

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/156926-scenery-compatibility-issues-with-p3d-v5x-textures-simobjects-showing-through-fogclouds/

THANKS a LOT for your support over there.

Marcus

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

UPDATE 20201109: Mathijs Kok stated this would be a LM P3D issue. As this is not the case anymore I replied to him and linked several posts from Rob McCarthy and Rob Ainscough, who clearly stated that there are some changes which make it necessary to update Addon products in some cases to blend nicely with truesky.

Please Guys/Girls! As we probably "all" have these issues using truesky and addons, I would really like to appreciate it if you join the "club" and raise your voice (respectful) at the appropriate forums. As we all did pay for mostly compatible P3D V5.X products, which currently are obviously not fully compatible, this sould be at your own interest.

Your help and post over at Aerosoft, and of course every other support forum from 3.Party who´s products have these issues, is much appreciated!

Thanks a lot and happy flying!

Marcus

Here are the Links to the topics I already openend:

Flightbeam per mail

ORBX

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/201462-p3d-v51-strange-simobjects-appearance-with-ea-on/

Aerosoft

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/156926-scenery-compatibility-issues-with-p3d-v5x-textures-simobjects-showing-through-fogclouds/&tab=comments#comment-1001484

FSDG

https://forum.flightsimdevelopmentgroup.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3192

LM (not opened by me, but just the statement from Rob McCarthy from LM about this issue in case you need it to approve)

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=140148&p=230328#p230328

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

It's regrettable that Mathijs Kok and Aerosoft have taken such an anti P3DV5 stance.  He is quick to say that sales numbers for his products in V5 are barely existence.  Well if you don't update your products for V5, what do you expect.  

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

on one hand, I completely understand devs who fo not want to fiddle too much with EA since it is basically a moving target. LM is also responsible in this situation. Weather depiction is also weak with EA, colors at dusk/dawn are weird. 

So many items that need attention. Patch EA up. Because it is broken.

Also Orbx and Flytampa (and many others) exhibits the same issues on their Airports so it's not like it is an Aerosoft issue only 

Edited by SAS443

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

no doubt @SAS443.  I agree with you.  In fact 5.1 looks like all it did was take the beta off of EA without actually changing it.  In fact you could argue it's worse now.  Just look at the dark side of the aircraft.  Almost looks like before we had PBR at all.  However frustrated or not developers should be very clear with their products.  They could say "Supports V5, but not V5.1".  Or anything like that. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Sadly, it'll take months for devs to fix this issue, if they even bother - I imagine they're looking at their MSFS vs. P3D sales and weighing how much time to put into patching P3D products.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, micstatic said:

However frustrated or not developers should be very clear with their products.  They could say "Supports V5, but not V5.1".  Or anything like that. 

Amen to that 🙂

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

No offense guys it is all about the money.

I have given up some companies forever - I won't even support them in MSFS b/c same issues will happen in MSFS addons when MS keeps updating it.

Software development is challenging but so many issues can be solved if devs from day 1 follow the SDK and not Mix Match FSx SDK with P3D SDK.  LM gave all the devs so many years to start migrating to new SDK.  So when new changes come, it is far easier for developer to modify and update code (in theory it does great but in reality it has some issues).

Only support companies which give awesome support and the blame game sucks.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Posted over there. I think all products by Aerosoft for P3D unfortunately will be treated as abadonwear by them now as they go for the quick money in MSFS. I just hope people remember this in the years ahead.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Eric 

Thanks for your open words at all of you. And posting over there is the right thing to do.

Lets be respectful to all 3. Party. We just want to reach the best target we can.....and related to this subject it should be updates in form of patches to fit P3D V5.1 again.

If you don´t decide to buy products from them anymore, that´s up to you.

But my goal is to get a compatible product for those who I/we already have bought and payed for as they are stated as compatible, which is not the case.

😉

Keep on posting here AND there.

THANKS

Marcus

Edited by mpo910
  • Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

2 hours ago, B777ER said:

Posted over there. I think all products by Aerosoft for P3D unfortunately will be treated as abadonwear by them now as they go for the quick money in MSFS. I just hope people remember this in the years ahead.

Sadly people will forget but we will be there to tell them told you so lol.

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

2 hours ago, B777ER said:

Let's not forget that Aerosoft is in some cases just the distributor, and not the developer. Many of their sceneries are produced by contractors and external resources and for all we know the deliverables might have been fulfilled and that's that.

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

6 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Hopefully it’s been sorted out now.

Hope intensifies.............👀

Intel 10900k @ 5.1 HT on, Nvidia 3090, 32GB RAM @3800mhz, 1TB NVME Drive (P3Dv5.1), 1440p 48' Ultrawide Monitor.

18 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

If you provide me with specific airports that have this issue with EA, I can test tonight with 5.x.

Hopefully it’s been sorted out now.

Cheers, Rob.

Wow. Thanks Rob.

You mean files or names?

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Note: all 3th Party......

EDDF

EDDN

EDDN

GCLP