Sign in to follow this  
mpo910

Simobjects through fog-Aerosoft addons-Please reply at them

I am having so many problems with 5.1 that I'm wondering if something is wrong with the installation. First of all, the available VRAM is now showing 6.8 instead of 7.1 and nothing else is running. Second, all of my user airports created with the latest version of ADE for P3d5 are showing flickering taxi signs, aprons and runways. It almost seems like the default airport components are not deleted and are z-fighting with the user airport. On top of that I have the same problems that everybody else has, artifacts around objects in EA mode, objects showing through haze and fog and ASP3D beta 8 showing clear skis when there should be clouds. I've also noticed that wind turbines and radio towers off in the distance now flicker in and out of view as annoying dancing vertical lines.

This is a complete install of all three components of 5.1, binary shaders deleted, etc.. This is with a GTX 2080 super, Nvidia driver 456.38. The VRAM deficit and airport flickering were not there in P3d 5 HF2. Performance is still excellent with no CTDs or stutters, so it's not all bad.

1 hour ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Hopefully, but there are still some issues that need to be sorted.

Jaggies depend on how the original object was created (remember many of these objects were created for FS9) and the type of AA you are using.  "FXAA" and "None" actually produces the least amount of object jaggies ... native TAA needs to be implemented in the future.  

BUT to be clear, it would be "nice" if 3rd party devs did bring their products forward to include the features I listed above as it would make a world of difference visually.  FS9 objects are always going to look like FS9 objects when not using the features P3D offers to make them look better and integrated. 

It's only "no income" if devs decide to not charge for the work ... some vendors do charge an small upgrade fee for the work involved so there is a revenue path ... however, I suspect many feel a better revenue path with MSFS so agree it may never happen or they may learn from doing the MSFS work and bring that same work over to their P3D version at a later date.

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks. Yes indeed. That would be nice and very welcome. I would also like to pay for such updates for those add-ons which are really FSX Style. However I only bought P3D v4 and v5 add-ons and started just 2 years ago. This indicates that even then devs do not use the whole features. Sloped Runways even almost never. Even PBR....lots of releases are without PBR. Why? Is it to many work? To complex to use? 

I mean...P3D v5.1 has huge capabilities....I get usually between 60 and 100 FPS at dense areas and 150+ ad sparse locations.......that is amazing!

Marcus

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Quote from FSDG REGARDING OBJECTS THROUGH FOG ISSUE.

This is really getting annoying.

_____

Re: P3D V5.1 EA Mode on Objects showing through clouds/fog

Post Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:47 am

Thatnk you for the screenshots. We will put this on our updates lists, but I can't promise anything right now, since our main focus at the moment is FS2020.

- Thorsten -"

______

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

I just bought EFHK via ORBX from MKstudios! This is a GREAT example from a developer who has done great work with usage of PBR on many many objects, waterpuddles, snow, glas etc.

AND: No shining through fog which is a evidence that this is NOT a P3D V5 BUG but just textures which NEED to be updated to be compatible.

EFHK looks great! Well rendered and outstanding performance, even with dynamic lighting at night I do not have any performance decrease on my end, even NOT within VR.

Worth every penny....EUR 22!

Marcus

• Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Flying in MSFS only rarely P3D is still my main platform and will be for at least 2 to 3 years. Depending on how MSFS develops I will change platform sooner or later if MSFS will meet my expectations in the future.

This said I will nevertheless fly special aircraft only available for P3D for a much longer time. I'm therefore very much interested in 3rd parties service plans for existing scenery (and aircraft) and in new scenery (and aircraft).

And: I would pay for updated sceneries (and aircraft).

What if MSFS will stay a game fore ever? This is possible, isn't it? It will still generate more money then than P3D addons. And we, the simmers, may be left alone.

At the moment I spend more money for P3D than for MSFS, actually much more.

If MSFSalready now is generating so many more addon sales than P3D did, then those addons are purchased by gamers, not by simmers.

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

reply from sim-wings dev at Aerosoft forum. Seems LM has found a way to optimize (partly?) so it is not necessary for the devs to update....although I would like to see the scenery getting enhanced.

But if you follow the thread on Aerosoft and read "between the lines" I think LM has changed things in a way, or without clear communication (I don´t know,  these are assumptions) that 3. Party got a little irritated about this has come so far. There is room for improvement as I see it. 

Link here

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/156926-scenery-compatibility-issues-with-p3d-v5x-textures-simobjects-showing-through-fogclouds/&do=findComment&comment=1001717

Quote here:

"To end the complite hype here: The Issue will be solved via Hotfix 1 for Prepar3D V5.1 !

So nothing to do from developer/product side, Lookheed Martin has seen, that it is in issue on there side and will fix it soon"

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

45 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

uc?export=view&id=1_GQ9YL_y11O94FU3rMO8d

uc?export=view&id=12GUxaFqgGYx0BOBqQ2xSq

uc?export=view&id=1lfR-mAAuWePZ78lr7kpBf

FT EHAM appears to have some material scripting, maybe?  But I don't see any usage of PBR nor sloped runways nor dynamic lights nor dynamic reflections.

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks Rob!. Looks better to me as it is now compared to 5.1 released version. I do see some "other improvements" 😉 within the EA Arena.......(clouds seem to look better too). 

No feedback needed........;-) I do hoped I get surprised when the hotfix on 5.1 comes out!

Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

THIS is how sim wings handle their customers who have problems with their products. I would like to share it here

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/156926-scenery-compatibility-issues-with-p3d-v5x-textures-simobjects-showing-through-fogclouds/&do=findComment&comment=1001807

Note his words "complete hype"

Quote from oPABST dev at Sim-Wings:

"To end the complite hype here: The Issue will be solved via Hotfix 1 for Prepar3D V5.1 !

So nothing to do from developer/product side, Lookheed Martin has seen, that it is in issue on there side and will fix it soon."

My reaction on this:

"It is a little bit a shame that a supplier does call these "personal views" regarding ISSUES they have, regardless if it is induced by 3.Party OR LM, "complete hype".

Nobody did rant here. All are just making clear they have issues with products they already paid for and which are called "compatible".

Most of us do own lots of "your" products and "your" work. On the screen it is not clear "where exactly" the issue has to be solved and has it´s fundament.

I personally would like to see general product-updates, even if I have to pay for it! We asked for PBR, we asked for sloped runways, material scripting, dynamic reflections, dynamic lights and so far and so on.

Now, at this moment, LM P3D V5.X has all of this "implemented". There are some outstanding examples of devs who do use this: MKStudios just released a very nice rendition of EFHK with all the prior called things implemented.

What I don´t like is, that due the fact some of us, not all, but some of the simmers smacked down the LM P3D as soon as MSFS was announced, but the ones who where holding to P3D, like me (and I have MSFS too), are not getting any attention anymore as the devs seem to follow this MSFS train....

Why can´t you do both? And at least, why can´t you support your existing customers?

These kind of feedback, as you gave here, are the ones which let me rethink twice where and from who to buy my products.

At a later moment, and that moment will likely come, MSFS is "updated" with airports from 3.Party, the revenue will "go backwards too"....and then you need all your customers.....probably also the ones you left behind at this moment.

Aerosoft has made very clear, that they will concentrate on MSFS as THIS IS the future sim.....THAT is a slap in the face for those who do not turn their backs to LM. I do not say it is not time to look at MSFS too. But it is not necessary to turn your back to a platform which has served us for years!

Please think about WHAT you post BEFORE you post.

I will NOT buy any of your products again. And I am sure a lot of simmers over here will think equal about this!

I can´t call this support nor customer service.....you have to be  1 step beyond and are 2 behind!

Marcus "

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

thanks @mpo910 for your dedication. 

looks like we will just have to wait and see. My P3D is running ok but the see-through objects are just soo immersive killing when you approach Airport in IMC

• Upvote 1

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

Many developers are now fully focused on MSFS as there is money to be made.

That some developers now act as P3D is of no importance to them anymore says something about themselves.

”Never spit in the well you drunk from” ...

• Like 5

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Sad...

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

1 minute ago, simbol said:

The system will balance it self out.. 

S.

Probably yes Simbol. I think so.  But that should not be a "freeride" for this kind of "behaviour". I think they should build a business on multiple pillars (=platforms)....not on one. 

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

So Mister oPABST deleted my post on Aerosoft support and closed the thread for further supplies....

This is really interesting......Customers who are vocal and "bark" a little....are forced to shut down...

So...now back to topic here again. SimWings has at least -1 customer regardless the platform.

😉

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

16 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

Probably yes Simbol. I think so.  But that should not be a "freeride" for this kind of "behaviour". I think they should build a business on multiple pillars (=platforms)....not on one. 

It is important to understand the real size of many 3rd party providers. Most of these companies are build with only 1 man behind the wheel, sometimes 2 at max.

You can count with the fingers of one hand the companies that are conformed by more than 1 developer (ORBX, PMDG, FSLABs, FSDreamTeam, etc.) but the rest are really a 1 man company (including me), so resources are scarce.. this doesn't give an excuse for poor support of course, but we need to be a little more understanding.

Put yourself in the shoes of someone who his entire life depends on flight sim sales, this means, food for their kids, wife, mortgage, house bills as electricity, gas, petrol, cars, etc. suddenly MSFS came out of nowhere with no warnings (June 9, 2019) and cut all your sales since pretty much last year.. you had no SDK until MSFS was out.. then when it finally came out, you discover such SDK is still incomplete.. your savings are depleting, your family is starving.. what would you do?

Personally I never entered this business to make tons of money, I did it for my passion towards flight sim and those that know me personally can speak on my behalf about my passion for flight sim, so this is just as a second income stream and my family main income remains from other sources, however we were also affected like everyone else.. it is a crazy year.. with COVID-19 and everything else I explained above, can you imagine the stress many of these 3rd party developers are having?, daily!...

So many developers are trying to survive the best way they can.. in their view MSFS has the big sales.. personally I disagree.. in my view, this is a momentarily curve.. and today we have a split market (MSFS, P3D and XP). Anyone that managed to release sceneries when MSFS was fresh did very well.. but most MSFS users are not buying scenery that much.. they want something else.. Microsoft will continue to update their scenery and product and such hopes for sales of scenery might disappear or slow down.. maybe this is why they are all rushing as quick as they can to release something.. but will people really buy such products? hopefully YES and in enough numbers to let them recover, I known and have so many 3rd party developers friends so I really want them to do well, they deserve it.

The system will balance itself out. .slowly.. in the meantime people like Rob Ainscough, Kaii from AIGM, Damian from Hi-Fi, Peter Downson, Keven Mannard, Larry from ORBx, Davide from Leonardo, Milviz, and many other beta testers (I can't post all their names, there are so many!) of P3D has been doing an amazing job interacting with LM to address problems, improve visuals and trying to avoid extra work as much as posible for 3rd party developers so the platform can continue to mature and evolve while such balance in the ecosystem is restored.

However as Rob A. has said so many times, if all the advantages of what P3D as a platform are implemented the results are way better..  

S.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2