Sign in to follow this  
BijanStudio

Fall Season - Released

Hi Bijan,

I have sent a pm because i don't see auto season button. Is your seasons pack updated @SM?

Greetz, Bouwe

OS: Windows 11 Home 64bit//Case: NZXT H7 Elite Black//CPU: i9 13900KS@6ghz//Mobo: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX//AIO: Corsair H150i Elite LCD Capellix Black//RAM: Kingston Fury Renegade RGB DDR5 6400Mhz - 64GB//GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC//Storage: Seagate FireCuda 530 - 4TBx2 plus 1x Intel SSDPEKNW020T8-2TB//PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 12 M 1000W//Monitor: LG 37,5 L 38WP85C-W//Joystick: Saitek X-52 Pro//Keyboard: Logitech G213 Prodigy

5 minutes ago, bbking said:

Hi Bijan,

I have sent a pm because i don't see auto season button. Is your seasons pack updated @SM?

Greetz, Bouwe

The simmarket hasn't updated the new file I sent. I just emailed you the updated file. 🙂

Thank you and enjoy.

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.

• Like 2

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.

With the last update the community got snow. But the snow appears only if a weather service depicts a precipitation. If in the weather report there are no precipitations there is no snow. 

So, the question: how do these seasons work? Do we get snow analogically with the sim or we always get snow regardless the weather reports?

Intel i9-13900K, GIGABYTE GAMING Z790, GeForce RTX4080, 32GB

There is snow on the ground if the meteoblue snow coverage model shows snow on the ground (in theory).  With the latest update it is not necessary for it to be snowing for their to be snow.

Edited by regis9

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

5 hours ago, zorro747 said:

With the last update the community got snow. But the snow appears only if a weather service depicts a precipitation. If in the weather report there are no precipitations there is no snow. 

So, the question: how do these seasons work? Do we get snow analogically with the sim or we always get snow regardless the weather reports?

Just as regis9 mentioned, you only get snow if live weather shows snow or manually with snow slider in the weather settings.

Gaming Laptop:

Hi @BijanStudio,

I've just bought your four seasons pack, and so far I'm not terribly well pleased. There seem to be two files downloaded - PackA has the four Tree.LOD files which I have placed in my addons folder ready to be (indivudually) added to the community folder via the addons.linker. PackB just has one single GlobalSeasonsFS.exe. In the absence of any other information I ran that (as admin) and it then searches for my community folder. For some reason it didn't find this the first time, and there's my first issue. Typing in the community folder address for a copy installed via the windows store on a non-C drive is simply not feasible. Why no "browse" panel? That would be the expected way to do this. I tried cut and paste but that failed.

I eventually cancelled the exe, and re-ran it. This time it found my community folder ok.

I then select the Fall season, and press the "install season on FS2020" button. I then get an error message in the purple box at the bottom of the screen as shown below -

rvlVGNi.jpg

I hesitated before buying this as it seems quite pricey for what it is. I'd at least like to get it to work. Any advice?

cheers,

Andy

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

edited in below post.

Edited by BijanStudio

Gaming Laptop:

duplicate

Edited by BijanStudio

Gaming Laptop:

2 hours ago, andy1252 said:

Hi @BijanStudio,

I've just bought your four seasons pack, and so far I'm not terribly well pleased. There seem to be two files downloaded - PackA has the four Tree.LOD files which I have placed in my addons folder ready to be (indivudually) added to the community folder via the addons.linker. PackB just has one single GlobalSeasonsFS.exe. In the absence of any other information I ran that (as admin) and it then searches for my community folder. For some reason it didn't find this the first time, and there's my first issue. Typing in the community folder address for a copy installed via the windows store on a non-C drive is simply not feasible. Why no "browse" panel? That would be the expected way to do this. I tried cut and paste but that failed.

I eventually cancelled the exe, and re-ran it. This time it found my community folder ok.

I then select the Fall season, and press the "install season on FS2020" button. I then get an error message in the purple box at the bottom of the screen as shown below -

I hesitated before buying this as it seems quite pricey for what it is. I'd at least like to get it to work. Any advice?

cheers,

Andy

Hi Andy,

Sorry for the error but there is a readme file that explains the steps exactly. You didn't have to drag folders. Just unzip to one folder and run the program. Edit: Do not change the folder names or it will not work.

We spent a lot of time making this installation automatic to avoid issues since many don't know where the community folder is.

Also see this video how to install:

Let me know if there is any other issues and thank you.

Edited by BijanStudio
  • Like 1

Gaming Laptop:

10 hours ago, BijanStudio said:

Hi Andy,

Sorry for the error but there is a readme file that explains the steps exactly. You didn't have to drag folders. Just unzip to one folder and run the program. Edit: Do not change the folder names or it will not work.

We spent a lot of time making this installation automatic to avoid issues since many don't know where the community folder is.

Also see this video how to install:

Let me know if there is any other issues and thank you.

Hi Bijan,

got it working now, thanks. As soon as I saw the image above it was obvious.

What I got when I ordered it from SimMarket late yesterday evening was just two files, Bijan_Season_Pack15a.zip (which contained the season LODs) and Bijan_Season_Pack15b.zip, which contained just the single executable. Nothing else (no readme), so no indication that they all had to live in the same folder. As the season files were named as _LOD I assumed they were just the tree lod files and could be used via the addons linker.

I just went back to SimMarket this morning and I see there is now a single zip to download, and it does contain the readme.

So, all seems to be working now. I shall try it out today.

A couple of minor points, and I don't want to come across as a moaner, but you are charging real professional prices for this and so I think it's ok to mention these. Your readme doesn't actually state that the files should all be unzipped into a single folder. It just says that on launch it will search for the community folder. I think you need to be explicit about the file placement. And my previous comment about no "browse" box still stands. If for some reason your program doesn't find the community folder, typing it in by hand would be a nightmare.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to playing with this. The video is impressive and you do seem to respond well to requests here, so hopefully it will all turn out ok. You'd certainly sell a lot more copies if it were priced a bit lower though. I know that sounds like I'm obsessed with the price. I'm not (hey, I bought it!), but 30+ euros is two or three good quality airports, or even half the price of the sim itself.

Still, it'll be winter in St Petersburg later today!

cheers,

Andy

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

what happens if you fly from one continent to another , and seasons differ, does it change auto?

Edited by kurtb

4 hours ago, andy1252 said:

Hi Bijan,

got it working now, thanks. As soon as I saw the image above it was obvious.

What I got when I ordered it from SimMarket late yesterday evening was just two files, Bijan_Season_Pack15a.zip (which contained the season LODs) and Bijan_Season_Pack15b.zip, which contained just the single executable. Nothing else (no readme), so no indication that they all had to live in the same folder. As the season files were named as _LOD I assumed they were just the tree lod files and could be used via the addons linker.

I just went back to SimMarket this morning and I see there is now a single zip to download, and it does contain the readme.

So, all seems to be working now. I shall try it out today.

A couple of minor points, and I don't want to come across as a moaner, but you are charging real professional prices for this and so I think it's ok to mention these. Your readme doesn't actually state that the files should all be unzipped into a single folder. It just says that on launch it will search for the community folder. I think you need to be explicit about the file placement. And my previous comment about no "browse" box still stands. If for some reason your program doesn't find the community folder, typing it in by hand would be a nightmare.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to playing with this. The video is impressive and you do seem to respond well to requests here, so hopefully it will all turn out ok. You'd certainly sell a lot more copies if it were priced a bit lower though. I know that sounds like I'm obsessed with the price. I'm not (hey, I bought it!), but 30+ euros is two or three good quality airports, or even half the price of the sim itself.

Still, it'll be winter in St Petersburg later today!

cheers,

Andy

Glad you got it to work.

By the way, it's 21.95, not 30 🙂

Also you will get many free updates, including multi seasons... 

Edited by BijanStudio

Gaming Laptop:

10 minutes ago, kurtb said:

what happens if you fly from one continent to another , and seasons differ, does it change auto?

Yes, I have a free update for one of the season. (spring in north and fall in south). It changes season if you fly to southern hemisphere. And I am working on second one, which is almost done (winter north and summer south)

These will be free updates for those who bought the pack.

I should make a new post since the title here is just for fall season.

Gaming Laptop: