Sign in to follow this  
RaptyrOne

Update Day - 10 November

In case you missed it, Update 6 is due out later today. My estimate is around 18:00 UTC.

Lighting in mostly clear skies is on the schedule to be addressed in this update. No doubt there will be multiple other updates too. Looking at the Content Manager of the sim, there are a great many aircraft updates due to be released too. Whether they get added with this particular update, we will have to see. With the aircraft updates (assuming they happen today), expect your mods to break until the dev’s can re-connect the dots.

Edited by RaptyrOne
  • Like 2

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

20 minutes ago, RaptyrOne said:

In case you missed it, Update 6 is due out later today.

Is the MSFS update due on 10 or 11 Nov? "Later today" (or tomorrow for me) is 10 Nov.  😉

Al

Edited by ark

Im ready to see 87 new reply's and 56 new threads about what went wrong this time . now on a side note im always happy to see more updates coming . 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Image removed as image is no longer available.

7 minutes ago, ark said:

Is the MSFS update due on 10 or 11 Nov?

Good spot. Updated title. 10 November at 18:00 UTC/GMT or thereabouts. I get confused over 10/11 vs 11/10 😀

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

I am curious on how much it will improve performance. They hinted that we could see better utilization of our hardware. It is annoying to see both CPU and GPU being under-utilized. 

• Like 1

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

Maybe you can increase performance on Windows somewhere? (not running a setup yet).

Maybe check iff the gpu is running direct or igpu.

Edited by icewater5

1 hour ago, rtodepart said:

Im ready to see 87 new reply's and 56 new threads about what went wrong this time . now on a side note im always happy to see more updates coming . 

Followed by 23 new threads with misleading titles such as "I can't take it anymore!" about how much the OP loves FS2020 and how they are getting 50fps over NYC at 4K without ever facing a crash or bug. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Update 6? right, almost forgot about it amongst all the flying, curious to see what it'll bring us

• Like 2

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Are we ready for "Since update 6 my kettle won't boil the water anymore, Don't they test these updates? I'm going back to FS98 so I can make a cup of tea."

• Like 3

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

It should bring: -

1.  The performance update they talked about where some people are 'Limited by main thread'.
2.  A few improvements to Dev mode, including the top bar auto hiding.
3.  They say the lightning issue was partially fixed at the last communication, so maybe that should be ready to go now.

It may also fix or reverse (hopefully) things that changed at the last patch, such as the bugs on the Carenado heading dial and not being able to hide the yokes.

I don't think they will change the way the liveries work, as I think they want the extra config file in there now maybe to add flexibility or features later, so we will have to get used to that.

In the main, I just hope they don't mess anything up.  They tend to fiddle when it is not needed.  The new TAA should stay, but the clouds need looking at as there is some graininess in them now.

I would just like to add that I think DX12 is maybe closer than we think, because they really need it for XBox, and also, they keep saying it will solve a lot of other issues (reflections etc.) so they are putting a lot of effort into DX12 rather than wasting time fixing DX11 display issues that may not be relevant soon - just my thoughts on why they are slow fixing some display issues. 

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 11

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

40 minutes ago, BillC said:

Are we ready for "Since update 6 my kettle won't boil the water anymore, Don't they test these updates? I'm going back to FS98 so I can make a cup of tea."

I am ready for any update that evolves MSFS regardless of what some/most of the constant complainers will say. Will the update break something? Possibly. But in the long run it will make MSFS better and better. And I am ready for that long run, enjoying roberts G36 and the modded neo until then. btw, the King Air also flies great on my end. 

• Like 4

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

And let's not forget the dozens of threads of folks who've had enough and are going to FSX/Xplane/P3D

Edited by Ricardo41
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

And let's not forget the dozens of threads of folks who've had enough and are going to FSX/Xplane/P3D

and coming back quietly with hanging tail, haha

• Like 3