Sign in to follow this  
RaptyrOne

Update Day - 10 November

3 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Actually, some people have reported that the community folder affects the Content Manager.  I remember for one of the fixes to building that were too high, people that had downloaded the Japan content had to then get the latest Japan updates in the Content Manager to see the fixes to high buildings. But your community folder can interfere with the Content Manager.

That had nothing to do with the community folder, that’s how you update things you download via the marketplace. It’s not automatic.

The only things you really need to remove are addons that override any base sim files, so things like the A320X addon, or anything that modifies the base planes or systems.

Edited by Tuskin38

6 minutes ago, dobee51 said:

What do you do with your FSDT, Orbx and other 3rd party scenery? After last upgrade I had to reinstall all the FSDT scenery for KORD and KEYW that had a link file in the Community folder after I had tried to move them to a temp folder. Most of those companies only permit so many re-installs.

I have a Community Inactive folder outside the main folder. I just drop everything there, then after I update I add what I want to test. Simple.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

9 hours ago, espent said:

It is annoying to see both CPU and GPU being under-utilized. 

Please elaborate on this comment--try setting your sliders higher!

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

6 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I have a Community Inactive folder outside the main folder. I just drop everything there, then after I update I add what I want to test. Simple.

Add-On Linker makes it even easier.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

4 minutes ago, Noel said:

The problem is not the sliders or the raw FPS. The problem is the limited by main thread anytime it need to do some loading or any other assignments and its going to below 15 FPS for a seconds or so. Hopefully we are good now after the update.

Roi Ben

2 minutes ago, Noel said:

I have a 3700X CPU and a RTX 3090. I am running 5120*1440 on Ultra.

Both CPU and GPU is at around 50% utilization, while the FPS is down around 30. I would prefer if either the CPU or the GPU was maxing out. I see idle CPU cycles as a waste. It is not like they are humans that run out of oxygen and start building lactic acid. Let them run at max speed.

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

I never move scenery out of my community folder, only those mods that modify existing files ie the aircraft and gps mods.  Knock on wood that approach has worked so far.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

16 minutes ago, espent said:

I have a 3700X CPU and a RTX 3090. I am running 5120*1440 on Ultra.

Both CPU and GPU is at around 50% utilization

Load the 787 and report what the MAIN THREAD is running at--I bet your close to maxed.  Since the app is very main thread constrained that's what matters most.

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

27 minutes ago, Noel said:

Load the 787 and report what the MAIN THREAD is running at--I bet your close to maxed.  Since the app is very main thread constrained that's what matters most.

Exactly. That is my point, and what Asobo said they would fix with update #6.

And I can confirm that they delivered on this. It looks better for me now. GPU utilization is much higher. So is FPS.

Version 1.10.11

Edited by espent

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

11 minutes ago, regis9 said:

never move scenery out of my community folder

Yes, especially do not move payware scenery out. I move out all aircraft mods and the Garmin mods as they will very likely be ‘broken’ by the update. Also scenery fixes such as ground and water elevation fixes if you have them, as you never know, maybe they have been fixed in the update. There are also literally 1000’s of Google derived scenery objects available and as Asobo upgrades the sim scenery, some of these might become problems.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Update has been RELEASED!

Downloading now...

• Like 1

Download my repaints at AVSIM.

AMD Athlon 3800+ X2 - MSI Geforce 7600GT 256Mb - 2 x 1Gb OCz DDR Ram - Western Digital 250Gb - MSI K8N NEO4 FI - Windows XP SP2 - FS2004

7 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

I would just like to add that I think DX12 is maybe closer than we think, because they really need it for XBox, and also, they keep saying it will solve a lot of other issues (reflections etc.) so they are putting a lot of effort into DX12 rather than wasting time fixing DX11 display issues that may not be relevant soon - just my thoughts on why they are slow fixing some display issues. 

Even the minimum spec GPUs (RX570 or GTX770) support DX12 so it does make sense they will move to DX12 sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

Me too! MS Store: 928.8mB

Edited by sauviat

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

41 minutes ago, Noel said:

I don't think there's much to elaborate on. MSFS is limited by single-core performance, and uses 4-8 threads max. On a modern CPU with 8 to 16 cores and virtual core doubling thanks to hyperthreading, the CPU load maxes out between 20-50%, still the graphics card doesn't get to 100% utilisation because it's CPU bound due to the main thread.

If you aren't familiar with the complexities of multi-threading, it looks like you're neither limited by CPU nor GPU, when in reality you're limited by the single-thread performance of your CPU. Gaming rarely makes efficient use of more than 4 cores, and in general, MSFS is no exception. Only when loading scenery tiles it can load off the work to more cores. 

More optimisations of this have been promised in the last dev Q&A video, leading to an improvement by 6-10fps. Not sure if this is coming in today's update or at some point in the future though. Anyway, the majority of these optimisations aren't trivial, and may not even be possible at all beyond a certain point.

Edited by pstrub

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

2 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Even the minimum spec GPUs (RX570 or GTX770) support DX12 so it does make sense they will move to DX12 sooner rather than later.

Yes but it seems Asobo might be upping the minimum GPU spec anyway. I know there are several threads on the main sim forum where people have run into issues with older GPU’s since Update 5. They are getting really bad cloud flickering and it only affects older GPU’s including GTX780Ti, 770’s, 760’s etc and older. Asobo has responded saying that the hardware is to blame, people need to upgrade to more current GPU’s. Many are up in arms because they bought the sim on the basis that their GPU met the minimum requirement at launch and now, it no longer does.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor