Sign in to follow this  
Eziocin

P3D V5 hangs on Exit

Hello Bryan,

I am experiencing again an old issue (which I though was fixed) on a brand new rig with fresh installation of P3D V5.0 HF2 and addons: whenever I have FS2Crew enabled on any FSLabs or PMDG aircraft I have P3D hanging on exit and the only way to quit is killing the process via Task Manager. In the past I had a similar issue which caused a CTD on exit. I am 100% sure it is related to FS2Crew because if I disable FS2Crew via its control panel the problem disappears. I have gone through all the actions that were recommended in the past (i.e headset OFF, etc..) but nothing seems to fix the problem. I have tried a removal/installation of FS2Crew but nothing changed. It is probably a matter of some sort of software conflict somewhere, but I have no clue where to look at.... do you have any idea ?

Thanks 

Ezio

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

Not yet...it is on my "to do" list for the next few days, but since I have had this issue since P3D V4 and on different rigs, I am not expecting too much from this upgrade.... I am trying to figure out what could be triggering this, on different platforms, different hardware but same addons and basically very similar settings, always on machines that were fully dedicated to Flight Simulation, no other software on them...it is very strange and annoying.. if you have any idea, please let me know.. 🙂

Ezio 

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

On my previous rig, and P3D V4, I used to have the FS2Crew audio routed to the monitor audio "using" the monitor as if it was an headset, to have the FS2Crew audio separate from the main audio output, but then following some posts in the forums, I stopped using that configuration, never used HS option any further, and the problem disappeared (just some very random occurrences), but now, following that lesson learned I only used the main audio source since the very beginning, I have never used any headset neither selected it on at any time, so it is hard to figure out how this time the HS could be the culprit.

Edited by Eziocin

yes they are.. Asus onboard audio....actually the drivers have a lot of extra features.... I will check if there is some strange setting which may create issues. I am not in front of my Sim PC now, but I will check asap.  

1 hour ago, byork said:

Can you try using the stock drivers that came with Windows.

Cheers,

Will do and report back.... thanks..!

I'll add my +1 to this topic, though in my case it's the CTD that Ezio is describing, not a hang. I've had this issue continuously throughout several P3D and FSLabs updates. If FS2Crew is deactivated, P3D always ends without crashing. With it, it crashes, unless I click on HS before shutting down. I just noticed that there are newer Realtek audio drivers for my motherboard (from two weeks ago). I'll try them first (probably later today) and, if those don't fix it, I'll try the stock Windows drivers and report back.

If after that the issue persists, since this is 100% reproducible on my end, you're more than welcome to poke around my machine in a Teamviewer session if you feel that will help.

Walter Meier

After a few days of experimenting, I'm right back where I started. I tried both the default MS drivers and the newest Realtek driver and, for a short while, the problem seemed to be gone. But after just a few restarts, the crash on exit came back (ucrtbase.dll). No amount of driver cleaning and reinstalling has changed anything since then. Then I remembered that I had also updated Windows to 20H2 before trying the new drivers. This Windows update is likely what caused the crash to go away for a few tries. And then something broke... again.

To me this isn't a very big issue because it's now almost second nature for me to click on HS before I quit P3D, but still, it would be nice to get to the bottom of this issue someday.

Walter Meier

That's strange how the problem would go away then by itself come back.

For 'ucrtbase.dll'. you've searched this I assume:

https://www.google.com/search?q=ucrtbase.dll+p3d+v5&rlz=1C1CHBD_enKR903KR903&oq=ucrtbase.dll+p3d+v5&aqs=chrome..69i57.1983j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Edited by byork

Good news....! yesterday I noticed that although I was using a perfectly working microphone, FS2Crew did not pick my voice (I activated the green bar to check it and no voice command was reported on screen). So this made me even more confident that there was some sort of conflict somewhere. Then I realised that beyond the standard Realtek audio drivers, there was also a Sonic Studio suite installed in the system and I remembered I read somewhere in the Manual that Sonic software had been reported by some users to have potential adverse impact on FS2Crew application. So I uninstalled it and now I have everything working well with no hangs or CTD on exit (okay, I only tested it twice, but at least now don't have hangs on exit and my voice is picked correctly).

Cheers

Ezio

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Eziocin said:

and now I have everything working well with no hangs or CTD on exit

Glad it's working for you! Gives me some ideas where to continue looking.

Walter Meier

Glad you got it sorted.

Sonic Studio, Nahmic, etc.  These programs can give 3rd party programs a lot of grief.

Even Microsoft MSFS lists them on their FAQs as things to watch out for 😉

Edited by byork