Sign in to follow this  
robert young

PREVIEW: DA62 complete Makeover

uHOVCMe.jpg

@Steve Dra Steve, Robert has programmed a feathered prop beautifully.... the model does not yet show it.  It flies like Robert Young, not Asobo programmed it.

• Like 4

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

7 minutes ago, cavaricooper said:

@Steve Dra Steve, Robert has programmed a feathered prop beautifully.... the model does not yet show it.  It flies like Robert Young, not Asobo programmed it.

Hoping @robert young is doing better....and I have all the patience I need waiting for the DA....it comes in the form of another little mod he made on this contraption:

bIbcRb.jpg

🙂 

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

27 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

I bought a new car off the showroom floor, and when they rolled it out in to the lot for me to drive off, it didn't have a steering wheel.   Guess that was not an essential part of a car. 😄

Yes well.

If Microsoft ever made a Win10 based driverless car it probably would either have no steering wheel or pop up the following message if you tried to use it:

c061VEn.jpg

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 2

I have some really nice airports in Austria were spectators are clamoring to see this bird. 😀

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

23 hours ago, cavaricooper said:

BTW- the lack of feathered props is another current Asobo limitation... NOT Roberts.

I think the Seminole managed to recreate a feathered prop? But its their own model, so i guess what your saying is you cant do it for the default aircraft? 

Correct- if anyone could it would be Robert... not possible with the SDK in it's infant state.... it is MUCH less capable than what FSX could do, despite all the marketing hype... hopefully that will change, sooner than later, as it is SEVERELY hampering all the high level aircraft developers.  Just read what RSR wrote in the PMDG Forum at the moment- MANY MILES TO GO before the SDK is even comparable to FSX.

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

10 minutes ago, cavaricooper said:

Correct- if anyone could it would be Robert... not possible with the SDK in it's infant state.... it is MUCH less capable than what FSX could do, despite all the marketing hype... hopefully that will change, sooner than later, as it is SEVERELY hampering all the high level aircraft developers.  Just read what RSR wrote in the PMDG Forum at the moment- MANY MILES TO GO before the SDK is even comparable to FSX.

So what you are really implying is that we're stuck with Carenado. 😀

I do have to commend them. They obviously have some inside info that is not available to most airplane mod creators.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

17 minutes ago, DJJose said:

So what you are really implying is that we're stuck with Carenado.

NO, NO and AGAIN NO. PLEASE NO!

They are first to the race and have modeled something from scratch, and so can feather their props. Robert is using Asobo's inflexible default model and cannot, until the SDK grows into usefulness.

I will not spend ONE CENT with @Carenado until they fix the Mooney.  If they have indeed sent the files to @Asobo and it is not yet on the MSFSMP... there is much to fix in that process as well.

Sorry I sound cranky, but there are important issues with this sim, that keep getting passed over.  I will remind myself that patience is a virtue.

C

Edited by cavaricooper
  • Like 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Prop Feathering Bug / Limitations : Please Vote Up so it can be brought to the nest Q&Asession:

Propeller feathering - when ? - Community / Dev Q&A: Post Questions Here! - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

And... just in case, also visit this one 🙂 :

Modern Flight Model and variations on #wings / #stabs. etc - Community / Dev Q&A: Post Questions Here! - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Do we have an ETA on the next wonderful mod from RY?

Thomas Derbyshire

@jcomm - Jose, I upvoted both items, thanks!  The WidePSX blend with MSFS is brilliant, nicht?

@sidfadc - Thomas, no... there are some issues still being worked on.  @robert young will update when he has a more definite timeline.  In the meanwhile beta testing continues....

7Nldos0.jpg

• Like 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

2 hours ago, cavaricooper said:

Just read what RSR wrote in the PMDG Forum at the moment- MANY MILES TO GO before the SDK is even comparable to FSX.

I just hope Asabo will do the only thing that can speed up everything, hire more people

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, jcomm said:

And maybe this one:

Improvements to flight model and systems behaviour and their impact on existing aircraft - MSFS Forums

...which is more generic about the impact it would have if those issues aren't fixed soon, because they might not be fixed at all, if someone decides that "extra" realism isn't worth breaking all the aircraft that will exist in a couple of months.

• Like 1