Sign in to follow this  
robert young

PREVIEW: DA62 complete Makeover

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

I am becoming more than a little suspicious of this.  I think they fear losing control of 'their own' sim, and especially the monetization around the add-ons, which can disappear quickly if the free community mods are turning out to be as good as they are.

Hanlon's Razor:

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Counting votes in a forum is easy and looks like you are doing a job, but there seems to be very little meaningful interaction now, and even when it is, it gets lost in translation and messed-up - I bet those who asked for changes to the night lighting are now regretting it for example.

This is where I totally agree with you, though.

Another very obvious and easy to understand example are tail numbers: people were complaining that the sim didn't remember the tail numbers, so Asobo made a half-assed attempt of providing a "solution". 

Now the sim remembers exactly one registration for all aircraft, which is Good Enough<tm> for the people who want to see their name on the plane, but no solution at all for the people who want to use "realistic" registrations for individual aircraft in their hangar. I still have to change the registration whenever I switch planes, because in my home country, part of the registration depends on aircraft classification (single engine vs. twin engine, weight).

And there's a good chance we in the second group will never see a "real" fix for this issue now, because it has been fixed "for the masses", and a new wishlist request by the "suckers for reality" would never get enough votes.

Did you notice that, in their Dev Q&A streams, they only go into detail when they're talking about the Asobo graphics engine or when they can put the blame on Blackshark or the Bing team?

In contrast, I don't think they've ever gone into detail regarding aerodynamics or the simulation of aircraft systems, except for making the meta argument "we don't want to be too realistic, so we don't take business away from the developers of study-level aircraft"... ignoring the basic fact that everybody has to depend on core systems being simulated correctly in the first place, unless they want to run major parts of the aircraft simulation outside the sim (which, of course, is not even possible at the moment, because of limitations of the SDK and/or SimConnect, as I understand it).

Edited by aurel42
  • Like 5

So do we have a hope to see it after the last patch that presumably fixed autopilot ?

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

18 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

So do we have a hope to see it after the last patch that presumably fixed autopilot ?

Rob mentioned in another thread that yes, we might see it by Xmas!

• Like 3

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Hi all.

Any update on this? Would be great to hear if a release is possible after the latest patch and the a/p is working ok. 

Many thanks

Bye

Jan

• Like 1

Rob is a bit busy at the moment, however, this and the TNB are not forgotten.  When RL permits, he will be updating. 

Meanwhile, Happy New Year! 
I pray 2021 is less eventful, and a better year for us all!

C

• Like 2

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

https://flightsim.to/file/2733/da62x-project

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/da62x-project-v0-2-6-1-dec-23/294584/915

No.  The DA62X is by another author.

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

Waiting eagerly. Really eagerly! Lol Just bought a DA-62 in Air Hauler yesterday in anticipation of this release. 

Happy new year to all. Has to be better than the last disaster. 

Given MS are going to update the Garmin autopilots in the next sim update (from their DR roadmap) does it even make sense to fine tune the autopilot at all until that is done?

As others have said this mod has a lot of potential in it's current state better to release something that makes the model better and let Asobo deal with the autopilot or at least don't bother changing the autopilot until Asobo don't plan on making anymore changes to to it.

Investing in making changes to part of the aircraft that Asobo are touching at the same time is just asking for trouble.

Edited by highflyer2020

20 minutes ago, highflyer2020 said:

Given MS are going to update the Garmin autopilots in the next sim update (from their DR roadmap) does it even make sense to fine tune the autopilot at all until that is done?

It's in 2 month

15 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

Is this mod still being worked on?

Just wondering that as well