Sign in to follow this  
robert young

PREVIEW: DA62 complete Makeover

1 minute ago, guenseli said:

What?

He gets now blamed that you guys start to speculate?

ok ... back to topic.

I'm out of this discussion

As I stated, let's move on. Thank you.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Hello everyone,

I'm sorry I have not been around lately. I am keen to finish the DA62 makeover. Unfortunately I have been ill and completely unable to do the final lap in finishing the project. I would prefer to keep details private, but I can say that I do get occasional days where I feel better. I shall try to use those days to finish off the job, health allowing. In fact the project was extremely close to finished until a couple of months ago when for some reason the NAV displays showed the wrong way around after an Asobo update. I could not find the source of this glitch, but I think I have done so now.

Apart from that all that needs to be done is to finish the documentation which I am not sure I have the energy to complete, so it might be possible to release in the near future with reduced info. I don't like to do this as I think documentation is important, but if everyone can be tolerant of this, it might bring the release forward a little.

Thanks for your interest.

Robert

Edited by robert young
  • Like 29

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Hi Rob,

Great to hear from you after this long time but first and foremost, look after yourself and get well!!! I don't think anybody cares about the DA62 if that impacts your health.

Take care

Mick

• Like 2

PC: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite, AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4080 Super Aorus Master, DDR5 G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo 2X32 GB, Corsair HX 1000, Fractal Torrent, Samsung LC32 / G7 1440P.

16 minutes ago, robert young said:

Hello everyone,

I'm sorry I have not been around lately. I am keen to finish the DA62 makeover. Unfortunately I have been ill and completely unable to do the final lap in finishing the project. I would prefer to keep details private, but I can say that I do get occasional days where I feel better. I shall try to use those days to finish off the job, health allowing. In fact the project was extremely close to finished until a couple of months ago when for some reason the NAV displays showed the wrong way around after an Asobo update. I could not find the source of this glitch, but I think I have done so now.

Apart from that all that needs to be done is to finish the documentation which I am not sure I have the energy to complete, so it might be possible to release in the near future with reduced info. I don't like to do this as I think documentation is important, but if everyone can be tolerant of this, it might bring the release forward a little.

Robert

Robert your heath comes before anything. It ends there.

As for the DA62, Dont bother with DOC's very few read them anyway. Just release it so we can enjoy your work. 

• Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Take care Robert Young.

• Like 1

Aorus Z390 Pro Wifi  i9900K, 64gb memory, 3070ti

Building: X670 Aorus Elite AX, X9750x3d, GSkill DDR5 6000 CL30-38-38-96 32gb, Gibabyte 3070ti, Noctua NH D15

Hope you get better soon Robert. 

• Like 1

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

3 hours ago, Nyxx said:

As for the DA62, Dont bother with DOC's very few read them anyway.

The folks who seek out Robert's planes are probably more likely to.  🙂  @robert young, I've done a bit of technical writing and editing in the past.   If there's anything I can do to help you get things over the hump on the documentation side (or any other way), don't hesitate to reach out.   All the best.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, robert young said:

Hello everyone,

Robert

Thank you Rob for being so honest with the community. We are excited about your latest mod, but we want you to get healthy. It's great that you let us know how you are doing. I wish you a swift recovery and please stay in touch.

As for the manuals, we can live without them if it makes it easier for you. Feel better soon please!

• Upvote 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Please get well soon, Robert.

Dave Hinson

Get well Robert. And let us know if you need some assistance!

• Like 2

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

5 hours ago, robert young said:

Hello everyone,

Robert

Robert - your health is most important, take care.  

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

16 hours ago, jcomm said:

I believe (based on no evidences / facts, just my guess... ) Rob realized the state of the MFS Flight Dynamics engine, interface, documentation ...are still very rough and inadequate to replicate good quality / acceptable aircraft performance.

MFS is still pretty much just the Looks, very basic in the Feels ....

I've given up on MFS. Maybe in a year or so I will revisit it...

There are a couple of really nice flying aircraft now  in MS 2020. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

9 hours ago, robert young said:

Hello everyone,

Robert

The sim community are a precocious entitled bunch who are never happy with anything - so basically just do what you feel is best for you personally and your health.

If you will get some level of satisfaction or sense of completion out of releasing this which helps your frame of mind do so (many of us will appreciate your effort), otherwise though just let it sit till you feel like getting back to it, do not feel pressured.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 1

Rob,

It was nice to hear from you - I confess I was worried and about to email you to know how you were doing! 

Take care of yourself and be sure that are many people around the world that wishes you a speedy and full recover. 

Edmundo Azevedo