Sign in to follow this  
robert young

PREVIEW: DA62 complete Makeover

7 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

There are a couple of really nice flying aircraft now  in MS 2020. 

I believe there are, and above all I believe the "eye candy" which is by far the strongest part of MFS, can do miracles with our minds, but if one carefully looks at the outcome of the "Advanced Flight Model", how it recreates the main / basic characetristics of flight, specially in aircraft we can easily compare with rw counterparts, flight data on stability and control, and the way those very same models are for instance modelled in other simulation platforms, then we have to open our eyes and admit that there's a LOT lacking for this "Advanced Flight Model" to become acceptable, and that is something that only ASOBO can change.

Problem is that no matter how many interviews I can watch and oppinions I can ear or read, none convince me that that's their focus of attention. Maybe in 1 year, maybe when they are more at ease after releasing their xBox port, maybe using external FM approaches provided they can hook to their global weather model engine, but as it is right now, whenever I looked at the reactions of a C172 to control inputs, ground physics overall, reaction to variable winds and turbulence, MFS feels way out of sync with reality... way too much for me to accept spending my money on a PC upgrade to make it worth the use. For me the looks are important, but they're not THE flight simulation core.

OTOH, I am really glad Rob could post on this thread, and for sure whatever he can do will make the DA-62 feel a lot better, as his MODs already did up to now.

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Rob,

Priority one - do what you need to ensure that your health improves. 

• Like 1

I completely understand how ones health can impact their ability to sit at the computer and do any sort of time consuming work that requires focus. I myself went through a difficult time, medically speaking, where I had to take an entire year away from the computer. This impacted both my life both professionally as well as mentally, and of course my recreational time with the sim and other hobbies.

Do whatever you can to keep as much "normal" in your life from week to week as you possibly can. It helps greatly with the mental struggle of getting through tough medical issues. At the same time, get as much time away from the obsessive thoughts that we tend to have when dealing with chronic conditions.

Do what is best for YOU from week to week, whatever that is...and if you need help please don't hesitate to reach out, whether fs related or elsewise.

Thanks Rob, feel better.

Edited by hangar

Get well soon Rob. Just remember one thing, - Real men don't need directions nor instructions. Those are just for smart men.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Not at this moment, maybe never. We are all waiting for a good outcome. 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

It is indeed being worked on, as and whenever possible.  When there is definite news, Rob will be here to update you.

C

• Like 5

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

5 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

Is this mod still being worked on?

There is a great DA62 mod on Flightsim.to... much much improved. DA40 too. 

On 3/20/2021 at 2:01 PM, robert young said:

Hello everyone,

I'm sorry I have not been around lately. I am keen to finish the DA62 makeover. Unfortunately I have been ill and completely unable to do the final lap in finishing the project. I would prefer to keep details private, but I can say that I do get occasional days where I feel better. I shall try to use those days to finish off the job, health allowing. In fact the project was extremely close to finished until a couple of months ago when for some reason the NAV displays showed the wrong way around after an Asobo update. I could not find the source of this glitch, but I think I have done so now.

Apart from that all that needs to be done is to finish the documentation which I am not sure I have the energy to complete, so it might be possible to release in the near future with reduced info. I don't like to do this as I think documentation is important, but if everyone can be tolerant of this, it might bring the release forward a little.

Thanks for your interest.

Robert

As someone who's been seriously ill himself (cancer), I send you my strongest wishes for a speedy recovery. You're piloting this plane, YOU get to say where it goes.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1