Sign in to follow this  
Hammer308

Black Screen issue with P3d

Am currently running P3d 4.5 with windows 10, and have recently started having a black screen issue.

Whenever I start up P3d, it immediately blacks out the desktop screen, so I have no access to anything running in the background such as the taskbar, ActiveSky, etc.

I first thought it mite be an issue with the SAAD version of the A350 I downloaded from simviation since it didn't occur until after I downloaded them, but I deleted those files, and it didn't fix the problem.

I haven't run into this before, so I have no clue how it happened or how to fix it.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx.

If the black screen occurred after installing the SAAD 350 then this may be cause. You say you deleted the files. Do you mean you uninstalled the A350?

Usually its not wise just to delete the files due to whatever may have ben written into the Windows registry.. Maybe you can clarify.

I would also head on over to the P3D forum. There are posts with similar problems reported like this one: https://prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=133301

You could also try deleting P3d.cfg and let it re-generate the file once the A350 is entirely uninstalled.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

I went to simviation and downloaded some SAAD version addon A350's just as I have done for many other aircraft. They included texture files, effects files, etc.  After I installed the aircraft, that's when I started having the issue with the black desktop. P3d and all the aircraft 

( inc. the A350's ) work just fine. I simply can't access the desktop anymore because it's completely black. I cannot get it back unless I quit P3d.

The only thing I haven't tried yet is deleting the P3d.cfg ( I don't want to make things worse ).

I removed all 9 of the SAAD A350's I installed inc. the effects files the readme file said to put into the main effects folder. It didn't fix the problem.

I also just tried some things mentioned in the forum link provided above, with no success.

I simply need to get the desktop to show up again in the background so I can access it for ActiveSky, etc.

Check the display settings - have you somehow ended up with 'black-out desktop' checked? That would produce the symptoms you're describing.

Temporary sim: 9700K @ 5GHz, 2TB NVMe SSD, RTX 3080Ti, MSFS + SPAD.NeXT

Are you using fstramp..this is a wild stab in the dark. 

Does the addon you installed run an external windowed program of any sort  within the sim?

14ppkc-6.png