Sign in to follow this  
chedmaja

Linda 4.0.3.41 MSFS update 10 Saitek Switch Panel [resolved]

Hello, Since the update to MSFS 1.10 end of octobre or begin of november (I don't remeber exactely the date), the Saitek Switch Panel doesn't works anymore ! I didn't change anything in my settings, just did the MSFS updtae. The saitek radio works always perfect, just the switch panel. An idea of the problem ? Thank you.

Edited by ScotFlieger

Have you assigned any functions to the Switch Panel on Joystick page? These are not predefined with a new install of LINDA 4.0.X.

If you have been using LINDA before, you will find a sample of the functions required in config-hid.lua in /linda-cfg/aircrafts/default. I don't suggest you copy this across as other devices are included in this file.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hello, Thanks for the reply.

I didn't change anything in my settngs. It xorked perfectly in 4.0.x with MSFS before MSFS update 10 end of october. And then, nothing. And the radio works perfectly, it is juste the switch.

I send you my screens when Linda working.

I really don't understand, all seems good, but the switch really doesn't works !

mhne.jpg

wewj.jpg

fawu.jpg

Thanks for your ideas.

Good day.

Can you check that the Saitek Switch Panel is enabled on the Setup Joysticks page? As you have Saitek Panels checkbox enabled on the Setup LINDA page, only the Multi and Radio panels should be disabled. These are controlled internally from the LINDA GUI and not by function assignments in the LINDA LUA. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Thanks for reply.

I didn't know the "Setup Joystick" page and i had never use it.

After reading your reply, I've found it and it was like this :

tv5p.jpg

So, according with your reply, I've isabled both radio and switch and now, it's like this.

vz7h.jpg

I clicked on "Save" and run MSFS. No change....

Radio perfectly works, but nothing for the switch !

I despair 😭

The Switch Panel must be ENABLED to work. Ensure checkbox ticked.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hello, Sorry for the delay and your answer. I didn't have undestand tour post from last sunday (I'm French and not so good in English I believe 😩).

So I've check DISabled for radio and ENAbled for Switch :

k41j.jpg

No change... Radio works perfectly but nothing for the Switch...

However, Linda recognizes well the Switch because when I go in Switch panels (The Button under "MSFS Default Sync to Sim") and chose the Switch in the logo bottom of the Linda Window, and that I use the switch buttons on Switch panel, Linda shows in black the activate button)...

It is a problem of communication betwwen Linda ans MSFS ans I repeat that it began with MSFS Update end of octobre (no pb before this update).

I really don't see !

Hope you'll have another idea...

Thanks.

That set up is correct for the switch panel. 

I must ask you to read and follow the Fault Diagnosis procedure (under LINDA Support) and email me the logs. Start LINDA first then MSFS and FSUIPC7. When the aircraft is displayed operate all the switch panel light switches and repeat. Then close MSFS fully before emailing the logs. Email listed in procedure.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Thank you for the logs. I see one problem. The free beta licence for FSUIPC7 expired at the end of October. You now need to purchase a full licence from Simmarket for LINDA to work. It is recommended that you reinstall the latest FSUIPC7 and remember to click the Register button after entering your new licence key.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Thank You !!! That was "just" this ! And the coïncidence between the end of FSUIPC Beta free use and the MSFS update puted me in false. I thought LINDA could work with the free version of FSUIPC, in fact not, and I had forgotten that I've soon paid the FSUIPC 6 full version. Thanks to that, the Full FSUIPC7 version was only 17€ on SimMarket. Perfect !

Thank you one more time.

The Post can be close.

• Upvote 1