Sign in to follow this  
topcat_1952

XP11 Setting Throttle Response Curves

Having just acquired two of the new Thrustmaster TCA Throttle Quadrants, I am totally perplexed on how to set up the throttle and prop response curves in XP11 for turboprop aircraft. Setting them up for piston aircraft is easy since they don't have prop reversing, beta, and feathering. When I go into the Response Curves sections, I can't seem to figure out how to set the parameters. Since these throttles have thrust reverser levers, I would like to use them. Using the default settings (with the "this controller has reverse detents" box checked), the throttle in the aircraft does not seem to work correctly when I pull them all the way into reverse. Clicking on the graphs seem to just keep adding more settings.

I guess what I am asking is whether there are any detailed instructions available that explain how to perform these settings. I did find the YouTube video that Austin Myer did but that just confused me more since he tended to go into a lot of unnecessary background information and skipped over things I needed to know. Thrustmaster does not provide any help nor could I find anything at Laminar. Written instructions or even detailed videos would be helpful. I admit to being stupid. Can't help it. I was born that way.

Denny Knepper

Newville, PA USA