Sign in to follow this  
CarlosF

Laminar is too quiet!

Could it be they are getting ready to announce XP12? 

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

XP 12 is years away.  XP 11.50 Vulkan bugs are severe and need patching.  Not least of all terrible stuttering changing views or panning and random CTD's at any time.  No way I am paying for a whole new product to fix 11.50 bugs.   Would never happen.  And no, by this time,  2d clouds, cardboard trees, and bland scenery are not acceptable.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Greazer said:

XP 12 is years away.  XP 11.50 Vulkan bugs are severe and need patching.  Not least of all terrible stuttering changing views or panning and random CTD's at any time.  No way I am paying for a whole new product to fix 11.50 bugs.   Would never happen.  And no, by this time,  2d clouds, cardboard trees, and bland scenery are not acceptable.

Yawn........

• Upvote 3

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

38 minutes ago, Greazer said:

No way I am paying for a whole new product to fix 11.50 bugs.   Would never happen.

Does this mean that we can look forward to you migrating to some other flightsimulator platform soon?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

I am fairly certain there will be a 11.51 for some lingering stuff, like the last few remaining Device Loss errors. And yeah, airports, too.

2 hours ago, Janov said:

Does this mean that we can look forward to you migrating to some other flightsimulator platform soon?

Why do that he than will have something else to complain about, im sure you are old enough to remember Sad Sack.

2 hours ago, Janov said:

I am fairly certain there will be a 11.51 for some lingering stuff, like the last few remaining Device Loss errors. And yeah, airports, too.

I don't doubt that, but making an announcement wont have a direct impact on getting the last beta out. I have a felling that before the end of the year, there may be news of it, we'll see.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

13 minutes ago, CarlosF said:

I have a felling that before the end of the year, there may be news of it

It would surprise me if there wasn´t - then again, the more time between the release of MSFS and the announcement of a new XP version, the better. More people will have gotten bored of MSFS and the novelty of photorealistic graphics will have worn of.

Cheers, Jan

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Janov said:

It would surprise me if there wasn´t - then again, the more time between the release of MSFS and the announcement of a new XP version, the better. More people will have gotten bored of MSFS and the novelty of photorealistic graphics will have worn of.

Cheers, Jan

I believe more people (myself included) would get bored sooner because of the lack of flight physics fidelity rather than the novelty of photorealistic graphics, something XP needs a whole lot of.

• Like 3

Guys, you really don't guess the joy I'm getting from Condorsoaring 2 and IL2 Battle of Stalingrad while I wait, months, maybe years, for MFS to become something really worth the investment, and for Austin to make me finally like everything about XP...

Meanwhile, difficult to get better flight dynamics than what I get in either of the above regarding soaring and ww2 / ww1 fighters / bombers ...

And I said I didn't like Air Combat ...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

7 hours ago, Greazer said:

Is someone paying you to say the same stuff over...and over...and over...and over again?

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, Greazer said:

I've got 264.8 hours in my X-Plane Pilot.txt log since the 7th of Sept (11.50r3) without a single CTD.

Other than that, don't particularly disagree, only a complete hyperloop would still be using 2D clouds when there are so many great freeware and payware alternatives available, there have been quite a few reports of instability from various quarters so you're not alone, XP12 final is most definitely years away, and if you can't run XP11 you dont stand much chance with XP12 anyway, because it will surely be even more demanding.

• Like 1

AutoATC Developer

6 hours ago, Janov said:

I have the opposite view, that the time to strike with an XP12 paid beta is this holiday season. That is, assuming there's enough new content to be enticing like better weather, and maybe procedural seasons which MSFS will have a very difficult time matching with its scenery approach. 

Right now MSFS is in this weird state where the ortho terrain and photogrammetry objects are the big selling point. But the SDK isn't in good enough shape for 3rd party planes to expand beyond just light GA piston stuff, and the turboprop modeling still stinks. It might be a year before we see good vintage radial engine planes, mil jets, and rotorcraft in MSFS the way things are going. A PMDG-level airliner might be even further out.

The time to strike is now, because XP12 has a huge fleet of aircraft to fly that just isn't available in MSFS. Assuming again, that there is enough meat on the bones to make it an attractive purchase.

• Upvote 4

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor