Sign in to follow this  
ThomseN_inc

Struggling with microstutters, need some help pls.

1 hour ago, roi1862 said:

I had to switch it off 😞 apparently the lowest Hz the Gsync can go to on my screen is 47Hz. 47 FPS in MSFS is not quite ready yet to keep 47 at all times. It was causing flickering.

Flickering is a know problem with some non hardware gsync compatible Monitors. 

for 20fps+ I would always recommend a gsync ultimate monitor. Zero flicker and smooth all way down to 20fps 

1 hour ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Flickering is a know problem with some non hardware gsync compatible Monitors. 

for 20fps+ I would always recommend a gsync ultimate monitor. Zero flicker and smooth all way down to 20fps 

Of course no other games flicker... But then again MSFS is a special piece of software. 😄

Roi Ben

No flickering on mine. Supposedly the non hardware gsync monitors can also use AMD cards in gsync also. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

On 11/12/2020 at 10:13 AM, bobcat999 said:

Another vote for RTSS set at 30fps - best experience for me.  You must leave it running (or minimised) once set though.  Originally, I was shutting it down after setting it thinking it just altered a background setting, and then I wasn't seeing any change. 🙄

Also, I am getting a spike/stutter when panning in the cockpit since using the G1000 mod.  It kind of recalculates/redraws every time it comes into view.  I don't get the spike in old steam dial cockpits or when removing the G1000 mod from the community folder.  It's a shame, as it is a great mod.

My best settings for RTSS below:

Global, because the flightsimulator.exe can be a pig to find or may even be hidden/protected.

30 FPS. (this is called framerate limit in RTSS)

If you have a 60 Hz monitor refresh, set 'scanline sync' in RTSS to x/2. You alter it simply by clicking on the text.

In the box to the right of that scanline sync setting, set either 0, or -1.  this is for pre-rendered frame I believe, but at these settings, either one will do and it doesn't seem to alter things much.  Don't go much lower or the GPU will be producing loads of pre-rendered frames and it can actually slow it down.

Could an RTSS expert look at this and comment please?  As I am no expert on this software myself, but found these are definitely the best settings for me by a long way at either 1440 or 4k.

I have a Gsync compatible monitor, so Gsync is on,  i tried to cap my framerates to 34 per Nvidia panel but as soon as the framerates go under this value (big airports) it becomes unplayable so i leave it off, doesn't work for me...