Sign in to follow this  
OSM

Asobo Bonanza G36 - Propeller MOD

2 hours ago, OSM said:

It should work well with the Bonanza V3 mod. My Propeller Mod doesn't interact with the RY V3 Mod by any means.

You can also try adding a TEXTURE folder in the V3 mod and dropping this new file into it.

That avoids changing the original files..

• Like 1

Bert

3 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

You can also try adding a TEXTURE folder in the V3 mod and dropping this new file into it.

Good idea!!! Thank you, I will try! 😃

Edited by OSM

You've got a job for life OSM. The very worst culprit is the VL3 Evolution, gross! If you have the time and/or the inclination, it would be appreciated.

Thanks for your work so far. 👍

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Yes, I thought that would be too easy. 😁 You keep making them, I'll keep grabbing them. Frankly, you shouldn't have to be doing this at all. Now that at least one of the Asobo team is taking flying lessons he should, by now, realise what you actually see behind a real propeller and what he provides in the sim are worlds apart. He should be cringing when he sees it.

Or has he/they stopped looking?

Anyway, more power to you OSM (Is that what your mum calls you?)

• Like 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

50 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Do you mean just a folder named TEXTURE and just the mod file in it "BONANZA_AIRFRAME_PROPELLER_BLUR.PNG" nothing else? Bert ?

It sounds to simple 🙂 

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 minute ago, Nyxx said:

Do you mean just a folder named TEXTURE and just the mod file in it "BONANZA_AIRFRAME_PROPELLER_BLUR.PNG" nothing else? Bert ?

It won't work in the Bonanza Turbo unless you re-format the layout file because the sim will not recognise it without a regenerated layout.json - which you can autogenerate with one of the two excellent apps for auto layouts. You also need to add a json file to reference the texture. The other method is to back up your default Bonanza prop blur texture and over-write it. That won't need any other tweaks.

BTW it's an excellent prop mod and looks a lot better.

• Like 2

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

34 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

You've got a job for life OSM. The very worst culprit is the VL3 Evolution, gross! If you have the time and/or the inclination, it would be appreciated.

Yes. RIP epileptics... its wildly overdone.

• Like 1

I can't tell, it's moving too fast and it's just a blur! 😲 😆

j/k Nice work OSM! 😃

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

Thank you Sir! 😃

I will check VL3 Tomorrow.

If the OP and RY could we try and incorporate this in V4 or and update of V3 it would be great.

• Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

39 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

Anyway, more power to you OSM (Is that what your mum calls you?)

She call me Oles. For the rest of world I am simply Alex. 😄

5 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

If the OP and RY could we try and incorporate this in V4 or and update of V3 it would be great.

I've privately done the same thing which is a toning down of the dark patches in the dds file of the prop. I didn't notice the default prop being so bad before the last MSFS update during V3 development but maybe I missed it. I'm reluctant to release yet another Turbo version just because of one prop image, especially as replacing the default (after backing up) with the excellent prop mod will do the same thing.

Edited by robert young

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

3 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

OP and RY are free to use my Propeller mod by any means. I will be happy to see Propeller mod included to any other mods as well! 😃

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OSM said:

OP and RY are free to use my Propeller mod by any means. I will be happy to see Propeller mod included to any other mods as well! 😃

Thank you for that kind offer. But do you agree the simplest way is to back up the default texture for the DA62 and replace it with yours? That saves people from having to create a new layout file which is what you'd have to do, as the V3 textures do not include any prop image files, only a prop animation tweak.

Edited by robert young
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, robert young said:

I've privately done the same thing which is a toning down of the dark patches in the dds file of the prop. I didn't notice the default prop being so bad before the last MSFS update but maybe I missed it. I'm reluctant to release yet another version just because of one prop image, especially as replacing the default (after backing up) with the excellent prop mod will do the same thing.

Sir, you could use this Propeller Mod by any means!!! 😃

• Like 1