Sign in to follow this  
Kilo60

Fix for my stutters/frame rate...!

Ok so after the recent update I noticed a bad lag/tiling effect in the hanger with all of my same GFY settings.

After checking that the update Switched me to windowed mode and I went back to full screen my FPS in graphics improved dramatically!

Just for those that possibly overlooked the setting between window and full screen Switching back to full screen mode improved my fps dramatically!!!

• Like 1

Chris Camp

Isnt MSFS running in Borderless Windowed mode in general?

Are you simply using Alt+Enter to switch?

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

32 minutes ago, ThomseN_inc said:

Are you simply using Alt+Enter to switch?

There is a setting in General specifically for Windowed or Full Screen.

Setting back to Full Screen made a huge difference in my FPS!

Chris Camp

10 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

There is a setting in General specifically for Windowed or Full Screen.

Setting back to Full Screen made a huge difference in my FPS!

Ok, will check that. Thx!

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

I had noticed a lot of stutters last night, and significant drop in FPS.

Retreating back to 457.09 and away from the latest Nvidia drivers fixed it right away for me.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

8 hours ago, ThomseN_inc said:

Correct, unless you run it in HDR mode. In that case it's true fullscreen mode.

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

36 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

Correct, unless you run it in HDR mode. In that case it's true fullscreen mode.

I find HDR mode enabled in game is actually rather washed out though.

On my system the best results are HDR ON in windows and set to  OFF in game.

However that may potentially be because I only have a HDR 400 screen and the game has only one option HDR 10 .

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

9 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

I had noticed a lot of stutters last night, and significant drop in FPS.

Retreating back to 457.09 and away from the latest Nvidia drivers fixed it right away for me.

Interesting will try that today as well

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

I did a clean install of the latest drivers and they are fine.  No degradation whatsoever.  

Unless a specific problem is identified officially or by a large proportion of users, it really is pointless to keep reverting to older drivers in hope.

If you follow this philosophy, what are you going to do going forward?  Stick to those old drivers forever, and never load any new ones again?   

There is a lot of false advice out there with people saying which drivers work best or to 'roll them back as the new ones are poor', or 'the new drivers increased my frame rate'. 

The reality is, apart from some stability fixes and optimisations for the new cards (30xx series etc.) the various drivers make very little change, and don't expect any unless it is specifically mentioned in the release notes (as in the 18th August driver release that specifically mentions MSFS).

A lot of it is placebo effect or has other causes; the biggest ones being personal set-ups, personal settings, and of course, the game isn't well optimised and seems very inconsistent on frame rates at the moment.  There are definitely some areas where it is 'bugged' and chugs along with stuttering, e.g. Czechia  to name just one, and various large cities (maybe to be expected).

It is the same with reinstalling.  One of the saddest things I see is people reinstalling the whole sim, and even Windows, in desperation of hoping it will cure the smallest of problems - what an absolute waste of time.  It rarely cures their problem as they normally go straight in with their old settings again as that is all they know how to do. 

A bit of patience and perseverance is required rather than this, as it is normally just one file or little configuration setting causing the problem; but sometimes as well, although stuttering can be reduced by tinkering, what you are getting for your particular set-up is as good as it gets unfortunately, because a lot of the causes of stuttering etc. are inherent in the software at this stage for particular specifications of computer and the various personalised set-ups.  Even some people on RTX3090's aren't getting it perfect.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

2 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

There are definitely some areas where it is 'bugged' and chugs along with stuttering, e.g. Czechia  to name just one, and various large cities (maybe to be expected).

I think this is with us for good. As Asobo only care about mega voted issues and not few Zendeask reports. All reports are 'solved and nothing is solved.

Roi Ben

5 hours ago, DAD said:

Interesting will try that today as well

Jeez, fully OT but changing back to Nvidia v.09 completely messed up my system, running in 800x600 now with basic MS driver only and does not accept any Nvidia drivers. Following now some fancy Nvidia recommendations to delete references from the registry. No fun

EDIT: finally succeeded, sorry to bother you. But now back at 457.30

Edited by DAD
  • Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

2 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

Unless a specific problem is identified officially or by a large proportion of users, it really is pointless to keep reverting to older drivers in hope.

That being said, Occam's razor still applies. If you notice sudden degradation of your Sim after updating your driver, and nothing else has been changed, reverting to the previous driver to see if your performance returns to its previous standard is an obvious diagnostic step.

Edited by HiFlyer
  • Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

39 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

I think this is with us for good. As Asobo only care about mega voted issues and not few Zendeask reports. All reports are 'solved and nothing is solved.

Maybe it will be resolved when the "whole" world is updated in the future.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

1 hour ago, Ixoye said:

Maybe it will be resolved when the "whole" world is updated in the future.

I guess so... if it will be resolved it will be due to fixing/updating something else... so they might solve it "by mistake".

• Like 2

Roi Ben