Sign in to follow this  
airbusa

Parameter for Steering

dear kiek,

new new eddb airport is open now and i and you program learn, where the airlines parked.

i have the problem, that swiss is parking on different gates at the same time during the week, same for klm, ...

problem is, that after one week eddb looks like a swiss or klm homebase, because for the same time, your program record the right gate, and it was different for every day.

is there a possibility for you to include the day in the files and logic or a parameter to steer how often per airport an airliner is placed for the same timeframe.

hope this is understandable, what i mean.

many thanks for thinking about it.

best regards oliver

Hi Oliver,

I understand what you mean, but introducing the day would make the airport files 7 times bigger...

The other possibility is to count the number of aircraft of the the same airline at the same hour and to restrict that number, although exceptions have to be made for airlines at their home base such as KLM at EHAM, Lufthansa at EDDF and EDDM, BAW at Heathrow, and so on. It is not an easy algorithm. It would need a list of airports and their home carriers...pff.

Regards,

Nico

Edited by kiek

hi nico,

it would be nice if you can think about it, maybe you found a solution.

currently i delete manually the entries, so that i have only 1 or 2 entries for the not home based carriers per hour per gate.

maybe it is a solution, to put one entry direct in the update airportfile like homebase=dlh,ewg, .... and before the airliners will be placed by your great program, all airliners which are not part of the homebase string are placed one time only, undepended from what airport.xml is listing per gate.

many thanks for thinking about and maybe to implement it.

have a good day

oliver

Hi oliver,

That might be a solution, i'll try it.

Nico

9 hours ago, airbusa said:

perfect nico, many thanks, i offer to be a beta tester 🙂

Hi Oliver,

Could you give version 19.4 beta a try? From the release notes:

Introduced the parameter home_base in the airport file.

With this parameter you may list, separated by comma’s, the ICAO Airline codes of airlines that have the airport as home base.

If an airline is not a home base carrier it will only be assigned once to a parking position, while the home based carrier may appear more than once.

Example for EHAM:
<parameter name="home_base" value="KLM,TRA,EZY,DAL" />

Just add yours to your airport file (later I'll update PPG).

Cheers,

Nico

Edited by kiek

Hi Nico it works fantastic, perfect work from your site, so fast and so goooooddddd....

I have checked in EDDT and EDDB, perfect match now like in real.

Many thanks for implementation.

Best regards from Berlin

Oliver

18 minutes ago, airbusa said:

Hi Nico it works fantastic, perfect work from your site, so fast and so goooooddddd....

I have checked in EDDT and EDDB, perfect match now like in real.

Many thanks for implementation.

Best regards from Berlin

Oliver

It was your great idea, thx.

Could you give me some example strings for major german airports?

Nico

hi nico,

yes my idea but your translate the idea in the software 🙂

enclosed 2 strings for german airports, which I have implemended:

EDDB: <parameter name="home_base" value="EJU,EZY,DLH,EWG,RYR,SDR,WZZ" />

EDDT: <parameter name="home_base" value="EJU,EZY,EWG,DLH,SDR,RYR" />

For EDDF, EDDM, EDDS, EDDK and EDDL I have to check, but we are on the right way with the first wave:

EDDF: DLH, EWG, CFG, TUI, RYR, GEC, BCS, BOX
EDDM: DLH, EWG
EDDS: EWG, TUI, RYR
EDDK: EWG, DLH, UPS, FDX, SRR
EDDL: EWG, DLH

have a good weekend

oliver

Is there any other limitation except "once" or "not limited"? For example Frankfurt has most times two Swiss flights at the same time (ZRH + GVA) all over the airport, Delta has two to three aircraft on the ground in Frankfurt as well.

Any chance for a parameter with a max. value for a specific airline (and maybe aircraft type) for example?

19 minutes ago, DLH7LA said:

Is there any other limitation except "once" or "not limited"? For example Frankfurt has most times two Swiss flights at the same time (ZRH + GVA) all over the airport, Delta has two to three aircraft on the ground in Frankfurt as well.

Any chance for a parameter with a max. value for a specific airline (and maybe aircraft type) for example?

That is becoming a bit too complicated, I'm afraid. With the new parameter you will see just one SWR aircraft statically parked (although a second one may pop up if a live SWR arrives and parks as well) instead of seeing 6 or 7 SWR aircraft at different gates. ..

So already a major step forwards.

If you have many DAL flights then I suggest too make DAL also part of the home_base airlines, just like I have done at EHAM.

Edited by kiek

On 11/14/2020 at 5:03 PM, kiek said:

That is becoming a bit too complicated, I'm afraid. With the new parameter you will see just one SWR aircraft statically parked (although a second one may pop up if a live SWR arrives and parks as well) instead of seeing 6 or 7 SWR aircraft at different gates. ..

So already a major step forwards.

If you have many DAL flights then I suggest too make DAL also part of the home_base airlines, just like I have done at EHAM.

It sure is a major step forward and I am really thankful for all the changes and updates that are coming, but if I have to update every airport file that i am using with the correct data before it will show me more than just one of each airline, I'd rather stay on 19.3 for now (at least until that yellow update advice will annoy me enough 😄)

9 hours ago, DLH7LA said:

It sure is a major step forward and I am really thankful for all the changes and updates that are coming, but if I have to update every airport file that i am using with the correct data before it will show me more than just one of each airline, I'd rather stay on 19.3 for now (at least until that yellow update advice will annoy me enough 😄)

Just leaving home_base  empty in the airport file and you can use 19.4 too.

But I'll think about introducing a max_two_parked parameter too.

Edited by kiek

6 hours ago, kiek said:

Just leaving home_base  empty in the airport file and you can use 19.4 too.

But I'll think about introducing a max_two_parked parameter too.

Ok thats good to know and thanks for considering a new parameter!