Sign in to follow this  
Shortcut99

Aircraft take off

I have a problem I was using MSFS2020 using Xbox Game Pass to see if liked it and I had no problems with my flight controllers and figured I would purchase the Deluxe version thru the MS Store. I made the purchase and the download went very well but that’s when the problem started.

I have the Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System and the HOTS Warthog with MFG Crosswinds Pedals. I set them in the sim and everything registers properly in the setup fields. On the runway when I move the controllers  the yoke moves as it should when I try taking off and reach take off speed and I rotate the aircraft will not take off. Example the Cessna 172 rotate between 60 and 70 knots flaps about 50% Weather Scattered clouds no wind the Cessna will not take off.

If I set the Flaps to full I can get off the ground for a little but then even with full power and yoke pulled all the way back it crashes even at 110 knots. The same happens with other planes I've tried, this happens with the Saitek or the Warthog.  Both controllers worked when using Game Pass.

Any help would be appreciated.

May I should get a refund from the MS Store and Purchase it from Steam.

Two ideas - make sure your settings in the sim menu are not set to legacy flight model and check the weight and fuel loads.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Check the elevation trim setting and the flaps. Elevation trim is off the start setting by default, at least in the C172.

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I concur on that, check your trim and also trim mappings.

Also there is a weird crossover between trim and elevator that Rob Young talked about, he recommended moving the yoke through 360 degrees before take off. sounds weird but worth a try.

38 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

he recommended moving the yoke through 360 degrees before take off

Interesting. Moving the yoke through all dimensions of travel (axis) was a must in preflight during my flight training back in the early 1970's and it stuck with me.

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere