Sign in to follow this  
OSM

10 Propeller Mods for the FS2020 Standard Edition: NEW!

Here are all 10 Propeller Mods to use with the Community Folder - Prop_MODS_Community

DISCLAIMER: Use at your own risk!
The use of the downloaded modded texture files is done at your own discretion and risk and with agreement that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from such activities.
This Mod can be used by anybody as they see fit without any restrictions.

10 Propeller Mods for the FS2020 Standard Edition to use with the Community Folder:

Prop_MOD_bonanza-g36
Prop_MOD_c152
Prop_MOD_c172sp-as1000
Prop_MOD_cap10c
Prop_MOD_da40-ng
Prop_MOD_e330
Prop_MOD_kingair350
Prop_MOD_savage-cub
Prop_MOD_vl3
Prop_MOD_xcub

- To Install: unzip, copy and paste any Prop_MOD folder to the FS2020 Community Folder.
- To Uninstall: delete Prop_MOD folder from the FS2020 Community Folder.

Modded and Original Propeller comparison video:

Edited by n4gix
Updated info per request from the author
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 1

These are texture mods?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

6 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

These are texture mods?

Yes! These are Texture Mods where only the Alpha channel is modded.

Edited by OSM

Wouldn't it possible to bring Asobo to modify the props officially? Has anyone asked them? (I don't recall but maybe.)

The present propellers are indeed disturbing, I've never seen such nasty propellers in a real plane. (I use a hardware panel and have shifted my POV in front of the propeller thus I got rid of it at all.) 

Kind regards, Michael

Edit: Can we have a C172 mod, please?

Edited by pmb
  • Like 2

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Instructions are for the MS Store. Where do these go for Steam users? I do not see the location mentioned or the texture file. I may have looked in the wrong place!

Thanks for the mod!

Never mind. I found it. 

Edited by RobJC
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

1 hour ago, pmb said:

Wouldn't it possible to bring Asobo to modify the props officially? Has anyone asked them? (I don't recall but maybe.)

The present propellers are indeed disturbing, I've never seen such nasty propellers in a real plane. (I use a hardware panel and have shifted my POV in front of the propeller thus I got rid of it at all.) 

Kind regards, Michael

Edit: Can we have a C172 mod, please?

You are Welcome Michael!

P.S. C172 G1000 added. 😀

Edited by OSM
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

No mod for the TBM 930?

TBM 930 Prop looks good, IMO nothing to change.

Edited by OSM
  • Upvote 1

Ten? Ten!

Dennis-the-Menace-_-Is-this-all_450px.jp

• Like 3

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Looks nice but I'm not going to replace default files. That's what messes up the sim updates later making people have to download 20.000% and stuff like that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

OSM, there's no reason why these wont work in the community folder, unless there is another mod that replaces the same files, and then it is only a case of which takes priority.

You just need to make a folder for you mod (eg. G36-prop-mod) within which you recreate the official folder structure, SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_Bonanza_G36\TEXTURE

In the TEXTURE folder put your modified texture and copy over the corresponding .json file from the official TEXTURE folder.

So for the bonanza your TEXTURE folder should contain:

BONANZA_AIRFRAME_PROPELLER_BLUR.PNG.DDS <--- your modified texture
BONANZA_AIRFRAME_PROPELLER_BLUR.PNG.DDS.json <--- copied over from the official bonanza TEXTURE folder

Then in the G36-prop-mod folder copy over the manifest.json from the official aircraft folder and finally generate a layout.json file (I use HughesMDflyer4's MSFSLayoutGenerator https://github.com/HughesMDflyer4/MSFSLayoutGenerator/releases/tag/v1.0.2)

So your G36-prop-mod folder should contain:

SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_Bonanza_G36\TEXTURE <--- contains your custom texture and corresponding .json file
layout.json  <--- generated using MSFSLayoutGenerator (do this last)
manifest.json <--- copied over from the official bonanza folder

A lot easier than I make it sound, hopefully this helps.

Edited by overt
  • Like 5

Thanks, overt.

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Good man Alex 😏

• Like 1

How long does it take for 'smug' to wear off after buying an EV?

"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled". Whoever said it wasn't wrong!

Thank you for your efforts,but there should be zero strobe effect,from the cockpit,like the stock Caravan. There is no strobe interaction between the human eyeball and a prop disc.

• Like 1

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”