Sign in to follow this  
leprechaunlive

Working on my first ever freeware

nXGTzud.png

So this is what most mean by "broken" SDK. Asobo set the referential to tell wich axis is wich...ok fine. Then give us an example, a numerical one, ok cool. Then proceed to decypher the exemple, BUT, in an order thats the oposite of what they told us to do, PLUS, they get one value of exemple wrong. (0 instead of -14.5). 

And you can see these kind of things throughout the documentations. Makes for a wild ride 😄 They probably did a lot of copy/paste as i found pretty much the same thing in the FS2004 SDK...

The beast is tamed! After 3 days of the floats sending me into the stratosphere, i finally found a good set of contact points. First major advancements! Next, probably refine the 3D, and get to texturing.

wHwPqVb.jpg

7EmASBk.jpg

pnUMS25.jpg

• Like 9

Looks like you are making some progress. Keep it up!

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

11 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Looks like you are making some progress. Keep it up!

Slowly but surely. I can get stuck a full morning trying to figure out something so that slows down the process quite a bit. But i dont have any deadline, so i dont mind :D

Looks like it is going great.

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

4 minutes ago, Chock said:

Looks like it is going great.

Im the first surprised at how smooth it is for now 🙂 pretty sure thats gonna come to a stop when i'll get to coding 😄

Great seeing something develop from scratch. looking forward to future updates.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

5 minutes ago, Car147 said:

Great seeing something develop from scratch. looking forward to future updates.

Thanks a lot! I do post regurarely here, to show the process and how bloody slow it is 😄

• Like 1

Very impressive progress! 😀
Congrats!

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

35 minutes ago, spacedyemeerkat said:

Really enjoying your posts! Keep them coming, and good luck with the rest of the project.

Thanks! 

36 minutes ago, David Roch said:

Very impressive progress! 😀
Congrats!