Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Most wanted addons that are not on the horizon

P3D V5 compliant B-52 from Captain Sim.

On another note, Blueprint scenery KIND works well with P3D v5.

14 hours ago, ComSimPilot said:

ORBX EGLC for P3Dv5

Apparently, according to the developer over at the ORBX forum, the ground poly needs a major rebuild for P3Dv5 at it was done in a tricky way as a port from the XP11 scenery for P3Dv4 and no longer works properly. The implication from his post is that it'll be months before he gets to it. And it's been months already since P3Dv5 came out, so I have to say this is starting to feel like a job that'll never get done.

• The Whiskey Jet A220 seems to have disappeared from view after lots of preview images posted to Facebook last year. I just want a decent, but not study-level, FPS-friendly airliner that actually flies out of EGLC today that I can use without dropping to single-figure FPS (FeelThere E-Jets v3, I'm looking at you). I was hoping the A220 might be it.
  • +1 for FlyTampa EHAM v2, provided it actually improves the FPS. Amsterdam is worse than London for me. 

Edit: and what do you know... Whiskey Jet has posted an image to its Facebook page indicating that it's doing the A220 for MSFS, while there's no news at all on the P3D version. Oh well. 

Edited by neilhewitt

Temporary sim: 9700K @ 5GHz, 2TB NVMe SSD, RTX 3080Ti, MSFS + SPAD.NeXT

2 hours ago, neilhewitt said:

Apparently, according to the developer over at the ORBX forum, the ground poly needs a major rebuild for P3Dv5 at it was done in a tricky way as a port from the XP11 scenery for P3Dv4 and no longer works properly.

Now this is really interesting. I do understand a dev wants less work. But now you see what happens...

I do see these kind of feedback more often. Workarounds.....are mostly ending in temp solutions which will kept so they become final solutions.....and after an update....... 😉

I got slightly off-topic....sorry

Marcus

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

3 hours ago, neilhewitt said:

Apparently, according to the developer over at the ORBX forum, the ground poly needs a major rebuild for P3Dv5 at it was done in a tricky way as a port from the XP11 scenery for P3Dv4

but advertised as

First next-gen P3Dv4 Airport ! 

😞

Gérard

2 hours ago, neilhewitt said:

I just want a decent, but not study-level, FPS-friendly airliner that actually flies out of EGLC today that I can use without dropping to single-figure FPS

• Aerosoft A318?
  • Carenado ATR 42, ATR 72 or Fokker 50? (All currently on sale)

Wouldn't call any of those 'study level'.

Bought the ATR 72 recently as I like replicating real routes with the correct equipment.
It flies well enough and looks nicer than the Majestic Dash (it has PBR textures), but the Dash 8 is a much, much more comprehensive add-on overall.

To be honest, looking at the real world arrivals and departures lists for EGLC, you're better off getting a Cessna Citation!

3 hours ago, neilhewitt said:

And it's been months already since P3Dv5 came out, so I have to say this is starting to feel like a job that'll never get done.

30 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

I do see these kind of feedback more often. Workarounds.....are mostly ending in temp solutions which will kept so they become final solutions.....and after an update...

Agree!
I'm working on the basis that if a product hasn't already been updated for v5, it won't be. That way, it's a good surprise *if* an update does happen.

Two more to add to the AWOL list:

• FSDG's TBPB (I'm aware of Richer Sim's one, but I don't like the look of it)
  • Orbx's NZNV

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

TFGi 717 in P3DV5. They say it's on the horizon but I think I was just seeing a mirage. 

Vic green

If you want an airliner for EGLC, there is always the upcoming British Aerospace 146 from JustFlight. I am keeping a close eye on that one.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, PATCO LCH said:

TFGi 717 in P3DV5. They say it's on the horizon but I think I was just seeing a mirage. 

As long as they haven't figured out their TrueGlass and RealLight in P3Dv5, I wouldn't expect to see their 717 either, I'm afraid.

Personally what I would like to see coming out is sceneries for a bunch of SouthEast Asian airports. Particularly airports in Vietnam, Laos and Myanmar. Never mind that Hanoi is a pretty major cargo hub it seems.

Another thing I'd love is for SamScene to do a Bangkok city scenery. I have approached him about it and he was receptive to the idea, but since then he's released Shanghai and Hong Kong. Both beautiful sceneries, mind you, but Bangkok sits empty 😅

• Like 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

1 hour ago, PATCO LCH said:

18 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

As long as they haven't figured out their TrueGlass and RealLight in P3Dv5, I wouldn't expect to see their 717 either, I'm afraid.

Personally what I would like to see coming out is sceneries for a bunch of SouthEast Asian airports. Particularly airports in Vietnam, Laos and Myanmar. Never mind that Hanoi is a pretty major cargo hub it seems.

Another thing I'd love is for SamScene to do a Bangkok city scenery. I have approached him about it and he was receptive to the idea, but since then he's released Shanghai and Hong Kong. Both beautiful sceneries, mind you, but Bangkok sits empty 😅

Does it fly well when these 2 turned off? What is the penalty of actually not having these?

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

A new KPHL would be nice, PBR, SODE jetways, the whole package.

LZIB Bratislava
LTFM New Istanbul
FAOR Jo'burg - Must be number one
Updates to YMML & YBBN

Kind Regards,

Peter

I've been following tfdi on discord.  Sounds like they have their hands full with a lot.  Not just the tg/rl issue.  Though I'm enjoying the 717 with TG turned off.  Only issues:

1. High VRAM.  But mitigated by settings or a high vram card. 

2.  Lights at night are too bright. 

3.  Not a PBR aircraft.  in V4 we could put a reflection profile on it and it looked great.  Not as nice in V5 since there is no tomatoeshade. 

But it can still be enjoyed.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

1 hour ago, Benjamin J said:

Particularly airports in Vietnam... Hanoi...

Hehe Benjamin, I recognize you being a fan of Asian sceneries, landclass, etc.

Me too I would love a decent/good Tan Son Nhat (Ho Chi Minh City) and Noi Bai (Hanoi) airports. Pacsim quality would do for me. I just got their Incheon and Taiwan airports. Next and last one will be Manila and I will be done/happy with my asian airports collection.

• Like 1

- TONY -

Nobody has mentioned the iFly 737 or 747.  I know that they don't really compete with a much more expensive PMDG in systems complexity, but they do feature a complex system with good depth, and, in my opinion they are a delight to fly.

They would take my money if they did this for P3Dv5 and subsequent iterations, and if they did their 747 for XPlane as well, they would take another fist full of dollars from me. I think they may struggle against the Zibo 737 and I think that they and PMDG would be wasting money developing the 737 for XPlane. (I know ... slightly off topic) Then there is MSFS .... Wow ... that is a thought.

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

15 minutes ago, Simicro said:

Hehe Benjamin, I recognize you being a fan of Asian sceneries, landclass, etc.

Me too I would love a decent/good Tan Son Nhat (Ho Chi Minh City) and Noi Bai (Hanoi) airports. Pacsim quality would do for me. I just got their Incheon and Taiwan airports. Next and last one will be Manila and I will be done/happy with my asian airports collection.

My husband is from Bangkok 😉 Ever since I visited Thailand with him, I've just been wanting to see better renditions of this part of the world. I believe I have everything available, including A_A's older VTBS scenery as well as ThaiCreation's VTBD and SceneryTech's Asia landclass. I also have sceneries for Hanoi and such airports, but they are FSX-era and often outdated. Also, I'm becoming more and more hesitant with activating old sceneries in P3Dv5 in fear of compatibility issues that make the sim unstable. And as such I'm sort of stuck with a large, gaping whole in SouthEast Asia, save for A_A WMKK and IS's WSSS, as well as bunch of Indonesian airports from the likes of Binersim and Soroboyo Sim.

• Like 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

16 hours ago, F737NG said:
  • Aerosoft A318?
  • Carenado ATR 42, ATR 72 or Fokker 50? (All currently on sale)

Wouldn't call any of those 'study level'.

Bought the ATR 72 recently as I like replicating real routes with the correct equipment.
It flies well enough and looks nicer than the Majestic Dash (it has PBR textures), but the Dash 8 is a much, much more comprehensive add-on overall.

To be honest, looking at the real world arrivals and departures lists for EGLC, you're better off getting a Cessna Citation!

I have the Aerosoft A318 but the performance is pretty dismal on my system. I'm trying to tweak as best I can so I can use it. I have the Majestic Dash 8 too, but haven't really gotten into it yet. Agree that private jets are a good way to go for EGLC etc - I fly Carenado's Phenom 300 w/ Flight1Tech G1000 simulator out of EGLC quite often. I am flying the FeelThere EMB170 too... but it's a performance pig. Also, it doesn't model the ventral speedbrake option for the E-Jets to allow for the 5.5 degree GS so the final approach to EGLC is a bit hairy.

14 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

If you want an airliner for EGLC, there is always the upcoming British Aerospace 146 from JustFlight. I am keeping a close eye on that one.

Me too. But I think they're only doing the 146, not the AvroJet. I'm not a steam gauge person particularly, I fly the QW AvroJets and I still really enjoy them, though I haven't tried them in v5 and am not even sure if they're compatible. Sadly you rarely see the 146 at EGLC any more since BA and others dropped them from their fleets in favour of the E-Jets. 

17 hours ago, mpo910 said:
19 hours ago, neilhewitt said:

Apparently, according to the developer over at the ORBX forum, the ground poly needs a major rebuild for P3Dv5 at it was done in a tricky way as a port from the XP11 scenery for P3Dv4 and no longer works properly.

Now this is really interesting. I do understand a dev wants less work. But now you see what happens...

I do see these kind of feedback more often. Workarounds.....are mostly ending in temp solutions which will kept so they become final solutions.....and after an update....... 😉

This is the post at the ORBX forum: https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/198952-eglc/?tab=comments#comment-1707470

To be fair to Greg, he doesn't actually state that it's a result of porting from XP11, but as the scenery came out first for XP11 it clearly is a port. I don't see why else it would have been done this way. 

Anyway, I'm well off-topic now...

Temporary sim: 9700K @ 5GHz, 2TB NVMe SSD, RTX 3080Ti, MSFS + SPAD.NeXT