Sign in to follow this  
Mejjo

Contrails at night too bright?

Hi all,

I'm on a completely fresh install of P3D and it seems my contrails are appearing too bright and white for night flying. I notice it most in the PMDG 747 using the immersion pack, They are as bright at night than they are during day flight. Does anyone else experience this or know of a fix?

Thank you 🙂

yup, was a problem for me on <v4 also, effects dont seem to be affected by the shaders when it comes to diurnal variation 

20 minutes ago, kand said:

yup, was a problem for me on <v4 also, effects dont seem to be affected by the shaders when it comes to diurnal variation 

Very frustrating. 
do you have the 747 immersion with the pmdg 747?

I implemented a fix for this under immersion packages (I am a developer for this product with //42).

Just enable RC candidates, open the global preferences and activate the light tweak under preferences.

It works for V4 and V5. If you enable it contrails, wing condensation, engine condensation, flaps vortices, APU smoke, etc. Will inherit the ambient lighting, making them to go Even pink at dusk as per real world.

Regards,

S.

42 minutes ago, simbol said:

I implemented a fix for this under immersion packages (I am a developer for this product with //42).

Just enable RC candidates, open the global preferences and activate the light tweak under preferences.

It works for V4 and V5. If you enable it contrails, wing condensation, engine condensation, flaps vortices, APU smoke, etc. Will inherit the ambient lighting, making them to go Even pink at dusk as per real world.

Regards,

S.

Hi Simbol, can't find the "light tweak" under preferences, the release candidate builds button is green (on), thanks for your help

Sergio Naiberg

1 hour ago, simbol said:

Regards,

S.

Hi there

I have this enabled but don't see any light tweak option?

*UPDATE*

@SergioN

This was still under internal testing, I will let you know when it is available for release candidates.

In the meantime if you guys add a empty text file with the name SHADERS.txt (case sensitive) inside the Immersion manager executable directory and re-start Immersion manager the option will be available.

PgfUENX.png

Please let me know if this works so we can push this for release candidates later.

Regards,

S.

Edited by simbol

Hi Simbol, i know how to make a named empty text file but not how to make it case sensitive, could you tell me how to make it CS?, thanks

Or case sensitive refers to capital letters in this case? eg.: SHADERS

I'm on v1.2.82 by the way

Edited by SergioN

Sergio Naiberg

1 hour ago, SergioN said:

Hi Simbol, i know how to make a named empty text file but not how to make it case sensitive, could you tell me how to make it CS?, thanks

Or case sensitive refers to capital letters in this case? eg.: SHADERS

I'm on v1.2.82 by the way

Yes the name of the file should be capslock thats all.

S.

38 minutes ago, simbol said:

Yes the name of the file should be capslock thats all.

S.

ok thanks, it didn't work for me, I created the SHADERS.txt file in the desktop and then saved it to c:/Program Files/Parallel 42/Immersion Manager but no new option appears unfortunately

Sergio Naiberg

3 minutes ago, SergioN said:

ok thanks, it didn't work for me, I created the SHADERS.txt file in the desktop and then saved it to c:/Program Files/Parallel 42/Immersion Manager but no new option appears unfortunately

Enable the RC channel and check again 

I did Raul, still nothing mate, do you know if the update is close? thanks again

Sergio Naiberg

2 hours ago, SergioN said:

I did Raul, still nothing mate, do you know if the update is close? thanks again

I will talk to Keven tomorrow.. We thought the shader file should have enabled it.. I will PM you when I find out why it didn't.

S.

2 hours ago, simbol said:

I will talk to Keven tomorrow.. We thought the shader file should have enabled it.. I will PM you when I find out why it didn't.

S.

Thanks a lot Raul, as always!

Sergio Naiberg