Sign in to follow this  
Mejjo

Contrails at night too bright?

On 11/15/2020 at 5:41 PM, simbol said:

*UPDATE*

@SergioN

This was still under internal testing, I will let you know when it is available for release candidates.

In the meantime if you guys add a empty text file with the name SHADERS.txt (case sensitive) inside the Immersion manager executable directory and re-start Immersion manager the option will be available.

PgfUENX.png

Please let me know if this works so we can push this for release candidates later.

Regards,

S.

Hey,

thank you for this, I have followed the steps and it is working fine for me now.

The contrails are barely visible and it looks very good. I don't suppose you know of any other settings that can be tweaked to not have such visible contrails in other aircraft do you?

1 hour ago, Mejjo said:

Hey,

thank you for this, I have followed the steps and it is working fine for me now.

The contrails are barely visible and it looks very good. I don't suppose you know of any other settings that can be tweaked to not have such visible contrails in other aircraft do you?

This will works for immersion packages only as you must apreciate. Check the contrails of immersion at dusk.. You will love them.

@SergioN can you check your steps? It works as you can see above.

Regards,

Simbol

Hi Simbol, yeap, it's pretty straight forward easy steps, but still not showing on my side unfortunately any other manual way to edit a .fx file?

Sergio Naiberg

1 hour ago, SergioN said:

Hi Simbol, yeap, it's pretty straight forward easy steps, but still not showing on my side unfortunately any other manual way to edit a .fx file?

Sergio,

No this is not related to edit effects, P3D is rendering all effects like this, I fixed the particles rendering via GPU commands so it is very complicated.

There must be a reason why it doesn't show the settings for you while it is doing it for others.

Were are you putting the text file? Show me a picture of your immersion package directory. 

Maybe we can do a remote session tomorrow? 

Regards,

S.

Simbol, I'm saving the txt file in C:/Program Files/Parallel 42/Immersion Manager

In there, there's a Immersion Manager.exe file

Edited by SergioN

Sergio Naiberg

11 hours ago, SergioN said:

Simbol, I'm saving the txt file in C:/Program Files/Parallel 42/Immersion Manager

In there, there's a Immersion Manager.exe file

I don't know why it doesn't work for you.. I have several users now implementing this temporally fix.

Let's connect today for a remote session. send me a PM when you are available.

S.

1 minute ago, simbol said:

@SergioN

All sorted after the private session 🙂 enjoy!

So grateful for this developer man, Simbol made some magic in my PC (just 5 min session) and the smoke effects for the 737v2 immersion package is from another world now, so beautiful at dusk and dawn.

I want to thank you for the 30th's time Simbol

Have a good week

• Upvote 1

Sergio Naiberg

On 11/16/2020 at 7:40 PM, simbol said:

This will works for immersion packages only as you must apreciate. Check the contrails of immersion at dusk.. You will love them.

@SergioN can you check your steps? It works as you can see above.

Regards,

Simbol

Hi Simbol. 
Sorry I should of clarified. I mean any tweaks with P3D itself to help with the visible contrails at night with any other aircraft ( default or payware ) 

It would be great to have contrails with other aircraft looking how they appear when using the 747 immersion.

Kind Regards. 

39 minutes ago, Mejjo said:

Hi Simbol. 
Sorry I should of clarified. I mean any tweaks with P3D itself to help with the visible contrails at night with any other aircraft ( default or payware ) 

It would be great to have contrails with other aircraft looking how they appear when using the 747 immersion.

Kind Regards. 

Mejjo, the ai contrails also change with this tweak and they look great too, they no longer shine white at dusk dawn night. Don't know about other payware ac

Sergio Naiberg

3 hours ago, SergioN said:

Mejjo, the ai contrails also change with this tweak and they look great too, they no longer shine white at dusk dawn night. Don't know about other payware ac

Do they? I thought this would only affect aircraft with immersion.

This tweak will affect how "certain" effects interact with light. So AI contrails and other contrails might also improve but I cannot warranty it 100% since I cannot control how other developers are creating and designing their effects.. I hope you guys understand that..

However all the immersion manager effects designed by us (//42 developers) will of course take advantage of the changes / tweaks that I can inject to the video card GPU to instruct that such effects should interact with lighting and improve the way they look.

Glad you guys like the results.

Regards,

Simbol 

hi, here 5.1HF1 this Tweak enabled, so i have none contrails with my PMDG737. not in day or in nighttime...

2 hours ago, Alti said:

hi, here 5.1HF1 this Tweak enabled, so i have none contrails with my PMDG737. not in day or in nighttime...

You need immersion packages for this to work. Do you? 

You also need to run P3D as administrator.

I tested immersion packages with HF1 during the beta program and I am 1000% sure it works.

S.

1 hour ago, simbol said:

You need immersion packages for this to work. Do you? 

You also need to run P3D as administrator.

I tested immersion packages with HF1 during the beta program and I am 1000% sure it works.

S.

Yes sir!
in the immersionmanager it says 737 Immersion V2 is green and ready