Sign in to follow this  
regis9

Co-Pilot Responds to ATC Keeps Re-enabling

Hello, I ran into an issue tonight where the copilot kept on responding to ATC even when I didn't want them to.  I had the options to respond and change radio frequencies unchecked and confirmed my PTT button wasn't also mapped to the copilot response button.  I noticed that the option for the co-pilot to respond to ATC kept on becoming reenabled (literally the check mark for that option kept reappearing) without any interaction from me.  This was in MSFS.

Thanks

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Thanks Dave, all good now.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

On 11/15/2020 at 5:16 AM, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

You should disable the Copilot Responds HotKey and Joystick Button to avoid this situation.

Dave

Is that a bug or intended? I like to have the freedom to sometimes enable the copilot to respond, but with the hot key enabled it constantly overrides my selection even if I don’t use the hot key. 

Something is triggering the HotKey.  The program uses the standard WIndows HotKey mechanism.  

There is an option on the Btns tab of config to require P2A or the SIM to have focus for the HotKeys to work.  That will prevent typing in an email or other program from triggering the HotKey.