Sign in to follow this  
jaytee73

engine Failures after Take Off

A few months ago I bought the 31T Chieftain and constantly had 1 engine failure within 5 mins after take off

then the second engine failed  - checked the usual fuel pump - fuel on etc - eventually gave up the aircraft

Yesterday in the big sale - I bought the PA42T version - familiarized myself with all controls etc. - no problems

with engine starts - took off and got engine failures on both

Used the software engine starts and checked position of switches with Start up Proceedures - 

took of  ----  with the same result of both engine failures

What am I doing wrong - that that repeats exactly what happened with the PA 31T

many years ago I had a PPL twin licence - but never came up against a Turbo

I don't have any problems with all my many Carenado aircrafts - including the turbo aero Commander 690

Edited by jaytee73

If I recall from the XML code, there is a built-in engine failure mode for the Cheyenne series aircraft for engine torque (too high).

I've never tested that feature myself...could this be a possible cause for your engine shutdown?

2 hours ago, rmeier said:

If I recall from the XML code, there is a built-in engine failure mode for the Cheyenne series aircraft for engine torque (too high).

I've never tested that feature myself...could this be a possible cause for your engine shutdown?

thanks for that 

in Miviz turbo otter for example - that excessive Torque is also a reason for shut down 

especially on take off

I will check this on my 2 carenado PA Turbos and report back

i checked the PA 42 and took notice of the SU procedure  particularly on the turbo

and Bingo all went well on one test so far

Downloaded PA31 T again and will try that ASAP

" If all else fails - read the B@#$%y instructions👴

@rmeier 

many thanks for your suggestion - I don't know what .XML means but your translation worked

I tested taking off without full power (torque) and actually had a 400 mile trouble free flight in the PA31T 

and Yesterday the PA 42T was good as well😀

• Like 1