Sign in to follow this  
mslim

How to disable Terrain Proximity and TAWS-B

I have some low and slow aircraft that are always setting off the Terrain Proximity/TAWS warning. It is distracting having to Clear or Inhibit Terrain while hand flying tight valleys and hills.

Is there a way to edit the .ini file to permanently disable this feature? If so, how should it be worded?

Shift Right click on the gauge to get into the menu options....should be something in there for the TAWS system...

Les O'Reilly

Yes that's the Terrain Warning Inhibit feature I referred to in the initial post. I would like to permanently disable this feature for some aircraft.

Are you asking this for the GTN? the GNS? Both? What simulator?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

13 hours ago, mslim said:

Yes that's the Terrain Warning Inhibit feature I referred to in the initial post. I would like to permanently disable this feature for some aircraft.

You need to go into the gauge options, as Les said... not the Inhibit feature in the GTN itself..

Bert

You can change TAWS to TERR Prox. instead, but you can't remove this feature.

However like in the real world, you can inhibit the TAWS/TERR function in using a panel mounted button just for this.

The Reality XP GTN also installs 2 additional Mid-Continent gauges ready to be added into the panel.cfg file (see RXP GTN User's Manual p7):

• MD41-1484W Annunciator Control Unit
  • MD41-1028 TAWS Control Unit

The later has a TERR INHB button which is meant exactly for what you're looking for.

If you're coding your own inhibit XML gauge, p19 details a RXP simvar you can write to in order to inhibit terrain.

Last but not least, p18 details the standard FS command you can use to inhibit terrain as well, while p16 details the configurable RXP shortcut you can use.

Many options are available in fact.

Edited by RXP

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)