Sign in to follow this  
Gary1124

Updating Nav Database

Bought Premier 1a at sale price. Started the engines and all I got on the FMC screens was Updating Nav Data. Aircraft idled for like 30 minutes like that and still updating. Is there a correction for that? Thanks.

So, I read the Update Nav Data is normal first time running this aircraft. It is stuck though. 1 hour in and still 0%. I am going to do a thorough uninstall and try reinstalling with all firewalls and antivirus off.

So I did a clean reinstall with firewall and AV turned off. Nav Data Update still frozen at 0%. I submitted a ticket. I had trouble with one other Carenado plane. The TBM 850. The course knob doesn't work. They had no fix and offered me refund or free plane. I chose the King Air B200 which works well now that I know how to get RXP 530 to fly the Autopilot. I think I'm done with complex Carenado models. I will go for A2A, Milviz, Eaglesoft and the like for complex. Worth the money to be able to learn and operate out of the box.

I know that this subject is a bit old, but I am having the same problem. Just bought the Premier !A for P3D v4. Nav data will not update, just sits there like a stale bottle of you no what. There are no click sounds for the switches, and both bottom sides of the cockpit is see through, that is, you can see the ground. Am not impressed, as I was really looking forward to flying this model. Have only ever bought one Carenado model before, but had to return it as it was unflyable. Hope this is not another lemon, and if it is, I will never by another Carenado plane again. Forgot to say that the throttles wont go to cut off either.

Edited by Freo
Extra added

Neil Ward

CPU Intel Core i7 7740X@4.30Ghz with FrostFlow 240L Liquid Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299-E-GAMING, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4 Ripjaws Blue,