Sign in to follow this  
Hernan1

Boeing 747 textures reversed

I downloaded and installed the recent pack of liveries for the A320 and Boeing 747s and noticed that all textures for the 747 have the right side of the fuselage reversed. I am sure the repainters are aware of this. Is there a link or place where I can look up for a corrected update? If this subject has been discussed before, my apologies. Thanks.

Edited by Hernan1
misspeling

I don't have many liveries installed but I've noticed this with a couple of AI liveries. When you get close, they correct... which leads me to believe makers have not constructed the liveries with multiple LODs (mipmaps in the old days?) so the dim is making simplified lower LODs on the fly. I haven't tried making liveries for MSFS myself, so this is just a guess.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

I have noticed an AI livery reverse just by changing the camera height a bit. More likely an Asobo bug than a livery creator issue I suspect.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

This is on the Top 25 bugs list in the development blog every week.  "Not started"/"Backlog".

You would think they would spend the 5 min to fix it and get an easy win, but 6 updates in and it's not fixed.

Edited by marsman2020
  • Like 1

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals