Sign in to follow this  
Blue Baron

How to exit/ close REX Skyforce 3D using key board commands

Hello all,

I am trying to find the best way to close the REX Sky Force 3D application (after my flights and shut down of FSX) without using the mouse click option. I have sent inquiry emails to the software support staff, but I keep getting a prepackaged response that in no way addresses my issue. Can anyone here assist? Thanks as always.

Alt+F4 will kill most programs (including Windows) as long as it's the active window.

I don't have Sky Force 3D but I tried it with REX Texture Direct and it killed it. Have you tried - and disproven it? Because if you have just come out and say it, I'm entirely too old to play games.

Hello Jim Robinson and John Hinson,

I thank you for your kind replies and suggestions. Much appreciated 🙂! I have used Alt + F4 to shut down the entire system in the past. I was curious to find out if the REX folks had actually set up a key board command to shut down the REX Sky Force app specifically.

Thank you again!

• Like 1

I don't think SF is even designed to be used with the keyboard.  There isn't any keyboard command in the user manual.  Alt+F4 does the trick.

Sim: Prepar3D 5.2 (main) and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020), CH Eclipse Yoke, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA Side Stick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Cessna trim wheel, TrackIR 5, SPAD.neXt running 3 Saitek Logitech panels, ButtKicker Gamer 2, Razer Naga Chroma gaming mouse

System: Intel i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10 GHz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 4200 MHz, ASRock Z490M Pro4, 2TB Intel NVMe SSD 660p, 3 monitors

12 hours ago, Jim Robinson said:

I don't have Sky Force 3D but I tried it with REX Texture Direct and it killed it. Have you tried - and disproven it? Because if you have just come out and say it, I'm entirely too old to play games.

Yes, I tried it on Rex Skyforce 3D (I wouldn't have responded otherwise) and no keyboard commands at all work as far as I can tell on my version. TextRich says Alt-F4 works for him so the jury is out. Maybe it is dependent on operating system or other factors.

John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

4 hours ago, John Hinson said:

Yes, I tried it on Rex Skyforce 3D (I wouldn't have responded otherwise) and no keyboard commands at all work as far as I can tell on my version. TextRich says Alt-F4 works for him so the jury is out. Maybe it is dependent on operating system or other factors.

It worked on Windows 10.  Ensure Sky Force is the active window.  Alt+F4 won't work if it isn't the active window.  You can determine if Alt+F4 will work for you by first clicking on S.F. to ensure it is active, and then hit Alt+Space Bar on your keyboard.  You should see a list of possible keyboard commands on the upper left, including Alt+F4 to exit it.

By the way, Alt+F4 is a quick kill function.  The dialogue asking you if you want to back up your Sky Force files will not appear if you use it.  It does with the mouse click on X.

Edited by TextRich

Sim: Prepar3D 5.2 (main) and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020), CH Eclipse Yoke, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA Side Stick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Cessna trim wheel, TrackIR 5, SPAD.neXt running 3 Saitek Logitech panels, ButtKicker Gamer 2, Razer Naga Chroma gaming mouse

System: Intel i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10 GHz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 4200 MHz, ASRock Z490M Pro4, 2TB Intel NVMe SSD 660p, 3 monitors

2 hours ago, TextRich said:

By the way, Alt+F4 is a quick kill function.  The dialogue asking you if you want to back up your Sky Force files will not appear if you use it.  It does with the mouse click on X.

That dialogue shouldn't appear if you set "Enable auto-backup at closing" to off.

John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

6 hours ago, John Hinson said:

That dialogue shouldn't appear if you set "Enable auto-backup at closing" to off.

John

Correct.  I like having that dialog.  🙂

ok have  to ask  isnt it  just as  easy using  the  mouse   just  to click to exit

• Like 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

On 11/18/2020 at 1:56 AM, pete_auau said:

ok have  to ask  isnt it  just as  easy using  the  mouse   just  to click to exit

My screen was suddenly blacking out during flights (the causes were possible overheating of the graphics card,  memory limit of FSX, dust issues etc.). I was still getting audio. This indicated the systems were obviously still running, even though the screen was blank.Consequentially, I was searching for ways to shut down FSX, Rex Sky Force 3D and--finally--Windows 7 all separately via the keyboard commands, because I am not able to see anything 🙄

• Like 1