Sign in to follow this  
nyfirefly11

Knobs/dials turn by themselves

With the latest update (possibly the one before that), flying both the default 787 and the a320NX, I’ll click a dial with my mouse to change baro, alt, speed, heading, and even if I click it once, sometimes it will keep turning.

I can usually stop it by clicking the opposite side, but it gets tricky, especially with airspeed on approach.

Has anyone else encountered this? It was working just fine until a few weeks ago and I haven’t changed any of my mouse settings.

• Like 1

Yes - I noticed this over this weekend as well. I normally fly the default 172, but this weekend I took up the Caravan and it was doing this to me. I do not know if it is update related or if it is an already known issue.

It's a known problem. It is intermittent. I can go for a while and never see it, then all of a sudden it rears its ugly head.

• Like 1

NAX669.png

Workaround is instead of clicking on the dial, just point at it and use the mouse wheel to change it.

...jim

• Upvote 1

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

Should note that the mouse wheel also controls the zoom. If, while twiddling a knob, the view moves a bit such that you're no longer pointing at the knob and you move the mouse wheel, the zoom will change. Workaround for that is to change the mouse assignment for the zoom control to be press mouse wheel and move mouse wheel. See this tip to set that up: 

...jim

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

2 hours ago, highflyer2020 said:

This is a bug which is not related to mouse zoom.

Basically the thing you are clicking gets "stuck" and keeps clicking in the background.

Hope they fix soon...it is messing up my flights.

Been there, had that happen.  You need to be able to click on the knobs like heading or you / I get the 10° jumps.  I disabled the mouse wheel zoom.  You can zoom with the plus/minus keys if you need too.

Bill

Bill  N7IBG     

29 minutes ago, Bill Griffith said:

You can zoom with the plus/minus keys if you need too.

Or you can assign Zoom to mouse right click+wheel... easier to execute than mouse wheel press.. at least on my mouse. 😉

• Like 1

Bert

6 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Or you can assign Zoom to mouse right click+wheel... easier to execute than mouse wheel press.. at least on my mouse. 😉

Brilliant Bert. zoom/unzoom cockpit view.

6 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Ooh I was doing thumb mouse button + wheel but your idea seems easier on the hand ... Thanks for the idea.

Just another day in my Love/Hate relationship with MSFS. I had never had this happen to me before, until yesterday. Was trying to do a LOWI to LIPZ flight. ATC had me at FL160 and then told me to drop to FL130 and then 30sec later told me to go to FL200. This happened both times I tried and this was right before I needed to be at FL40 at transition point LAREN so not a lot of time to mess with things. Both times the ALT knob and/or the rate wheel both started moving by themselves, eventually causing me to overstress the aircraft. I use a Honeycomb yoke but have always used the mouse clicks to change things and not the mouse wheel that leads to the 10/100 bug. It now looks like I am going to have to unbind the buttons and change the Zoom controls and start using the mouse wheel instead. Or dig my X-Touch out and figure out how to get it setup to control the A/P functions instead of using the cockpit controls.

Ryzen 7 5800 x3D, Asus Tuf Gaming X570 Plus, Geforce GTX 4080 F.E., 32GB Corsair PC-3600, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 nVME SSD, 1TB Samsung Evo 870 SSD, 500GB Samsung Evo 870 SSD

On 11/18/2020 at 11:52 PM, Bert Pieke said:

How do you assign both?  I can only assign one at a time..