Hi

No matter what I do I get this message when I open my PTA. It is up to date.

Preset D:\7. PTA\default.ini loaded
Prepar3D 4.5.12 build 30293 detected as target verson
Shaders cache directory found at C:\Users\Jason\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders\
Prepar3D main configuration file found at C:\Users\Jason\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.cfg
ERROR: shader file D:\1. P3Dv4\ShadersHLSL\General.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file D:\1. P3Dv4\ShadersHLSL\GPUTerrain.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file D:\1. P3Dv4\ShadersHLSL\PostProcess\HDR.hlsl is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used

I tried to delete the ShadersHLSL folder from the P3D4 root folder and then ran the P3d4 client to do a repair. Idid it with restarting between these steps. I tried deleting the files for the PTA and reextract them into a folder entitled PTA on the same drive as PTA which is separate from the Windows drive.

What do I do?

Jason

Uninstall P3D client and then reinstall P3D client.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Hi again

I have now completely wiped my computer and reinstalled Windows 10, all the Windows updates and P3Dv4. I installed a bunch of ORBX products (Base Pack, Vector and NA LC and some of the free airports). I installed  REX4 Texture Direct with Soft Clouds but did not actually install any textures. I next went to install PTA and got errors right away. I deleted everything in the folder from PTA and then uninstalled the P3D4 client and restarted and reinstalled the P3Dv4 client and activated it. I copied the PTA .exe file to it's own folder on the same drive as my P3dv4 and got errors. I activated it successfully. I cleared the PTA log and cache and closed it again and then reopened PTA and got errors.

Preset D:\4. PTA\default.ini loaded
Shaders cache directory found at C:\Users\Jason\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders\
Prepar3D main configuration file found at C:\Users\Jason\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.cfg
ERROR: shader file D:\1. P3Dv4\ShadersHLSL\General.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file D:\1. P3Dv4\ShadersHLSL\GPUTerrain.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file D:\1. P3Dv4\ShadersHLSL\PostProcess\HDR.hlsl is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used

I have tried so many things.

Does it have something to do with ORBX?

What do I do?

Thanks for any help.

Jason

Which version of PTA are you using?

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

It does seem that I was using the 2.7.6

However, after you asked about the version I went to SimMarket and downloaded the most recent version (2.68) from my account. I trashed the PTA files folder. I unzipped the PTA 2.68 and copied the 2 files and pasted them to it's own folder on the same drive as P3Dv4 separate from Windows but still did not click on or open it. I then deleted the ShadersHLSL folder from my P3Dv4 root folder. I then opened the P3Dv4 client and did a repair. I restarted my computer. Then I went to the PTA that was copied to the same drive as P3Dv4 but in it's own folder and opened it and I had errors. It was asking to be activated and so I put my activation code in and it said it was successfully activated. However I do not understand why the errors. Here is what it said in the PTA log after I activated it.

Config files backup directory created at D:\4. PTA\CONFIG_BACKUP\
Backup of config file C:\Users\Jason\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.cfg has been copied to D:\4. PTA\CONFIG_BACKUP\Prepar3D.cfg
Prepar3D directory found at D:\1. P3Dv4\
Shaders backup directory created at D:\4. PTA\SHADERS_BACKUP\
Backup of shader D:\1. P3Dv4\ShadersHLSL\Cloud.fx has been copied to D:\4. PTA\SHADERS_BACKUP\Cloud.fx
Backup of shader D:\1. P3Dv4\ShadersHLSL\FuncLibrary.fxh has been copied to D:\4. PTA\SHADERS_BACKUP\FuncLibrary.fxh
Backup of shader D:\1. P3Dv4\ShadersHLSL\GPUTerrain.fxh has been copied to D:\4. PTA\SHADERS_BACKUP\GPUTerrain.fxh
Backup of shader D:\1. P3Dv4\ShadersHLSL\PostProcess\FXAAResolve.hlsl has been copied to D:\4. PTA\SHADERS_BACKUP\PostProcess\FXAAResolve.hlsl
PTA Activation successful.

Now what. Again, any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jason

This may be a long shot, but can you try using a folder name without a period in it? See https://www.winhelponline.com/blog/folder-names-truncated-after-dot-period-explorer/

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

I don't actually have a period in the folder name or even a period in the in the name of the file that is in the folder. The only period that would exist is if you go into the properties of the PTA file and see that it is a .exe file. 

does any body know if installing the ORBX products as I stated earlier would have changed something that would make it think that it is not the original shaders that PTA wants in place to avoid errors? 

Thanks

Hello

i have exactly the same problem - any solutions meanwhile?

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.