Sign in to follow this  

Hi guys!

I tried to uninstall ASCA to update it according to HIFI procedures but the uninstaller was totally inefficient. I tried with Windows"Add remove programs" and because it took way too long(I stopped the uninstaller after 30mn)I tried also directly with the uninstaller file in the HIFI ASCA folder but to no avail! Does anybody has the same problem and found a solution before I open a ticket?

Cheers

Pat

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

• Upvote 1

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

Thank you very much JesC👍!

Best regards

Pat

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

I’m still having this issue and uninstall ASCA it just stays on the uninstall window and the uninstall progress bar doesn’t show loading (uninstall)

Vernon Howells

Open TASK MANAGER to see your applications.

When you start the uninstall via CONTROL PANEL check the TASK MANAGER.

You will see one UNINSTALL app running and the actual ASCA app running which just started.

KILL the ASCA app and then the uninstall continues.

Looks like a mistake from the developer.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hellenic vACC - Olympic Aegean Virtual

Prepar3D 5.3 | CPU i9 10900K | VGA: RTX 3070 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | Monitor: 3440x1440

If you are restoring default Prepar3D textures using ASCA all you have to do is uninstall it from Program Files manually then the remaining folder in AppData\Roaming\HiFi\ASCA and that should take care of everything.

\Robert Hamlich/

On 7/25/2021 at 11:44 PM, Kyprianos Biris said:

Open TASK MANAGER to see your applications.

When you start the uninstall via CONTROL PANEL check the TASK MANAGER.

You will see one UNINSTALL app running and the actual ASCA app running which just started.

KILL the ASCA app and then the uninstall continues.

Looks like a mistake from the developer.

Thanks Kyprianos, works perfectly - I wonder why the developer doesn't fix it - it has been reported many times on their forums.

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg