Sign in to follow this  
Mitk

Will this PC configuration work for FS2020

Hi,

Buying a new PC for FS2020 and considering this one - AMD Ryzen 5 2600X 4,2 GHz processzor, AMD Radeon RX 5700 8 GB, RAM 16 GB DDR4, SSD 1000 GB

Will this be ok to have a smooth performance. I consider myself as amateur player, but obviously would like to have smooth picture and graphics. I like less busy aiports, if that impacts my choice.ž

Thanks a lot!

Mitk

That 2600x is kind of an old CPU. You would be much better off getting one of the new Zen 3 processors like a 5600X. Unfortunately they are very hard to come by right now. If you can wait a bit until they are more readily available, you will be much better off. If you can't wait then at least get a 3600 or better. This is assuming you want an AMD CPU. The rest of the build doesn't sound too bad.

27 minutes ago, paulluck said:

That 2600x is kind of an old CPU. You would be much better off getting one of the new Zen 3 processors like a 5600X. Unfortunately they are very hard to come by right now. If you can wait a bit until they are more readily available, you will be much better off. If you can't wait then at least get a 3600 or better. This is assuming you want an AMD CPU. The rest of the build doesn't sound too bad.

Thanks a lot Paulluck. I'm lost with these configurations and giving myself some upper price limits.

Price wise also these could be considered - may I ask for the best choice out of these please?

AMD RYZEN 5 3600 4,2 GHz processzor, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB, RAM 16 GB DDR4, SSD 1000 GB, 

Intel Core i7 9700F Coffee Lake 4,7 GHz processzor, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB, RAM 16 GB DDR4, SSD 1000 GB

Intel Core i5 10400F Comet Lake 4,3 GHz processzor, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB, RAM 16 GB DDR4, SSD 1000 GB

Intel Core i5 10400F Comet Lake 4,3 GHz processzor, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8 GB, RAM 16 GB DDR4, SSD 512 GB + HDD 1 TB

@Mitk, welcome to AvSim. 👍 Of those you list I consider this is the one most suitable...

Intel Core i7 9700F Coffee Lake 4,7 GHz processzor, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB, RAM 16 GB DDR4, SSD 1000 GB

Its a 9th generation Intel i7 processor and whilst not the latest or fastest will give you reasonable performance providing the screen resolution doesn’t exceed 1920*1080.

If you can get a faster graphics card that will help quite a bit as MFS is heavily dependent on the graphics card as well as the CPU. The 2070 has 8Gb VRAM But is another £400. The alternative is to turn settings down.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Is there any prospect for a CPU upgrade in the next two years or so? If you get a Ryzen system with a B450/X470 motherboard or newer, it means that later you can upgrade to a Zen 3 CPU with a considerable performance improvement over what you can get now. But if not, then the 9700F would be the best choice for now indeed.

Thanks guys, PC bought, now downloading FS. Unfortunately download doesn't really go fast - around 1-3 Mbit/s, even thoughh my internet speed is 500 Mbit/s...