Sign in to follow this  
Carts85

6800XT Benchmarks anyone?

How is the 5700 XT faster? 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

Nice to see some nice benchmarks with flight simulator 2020

I am satisfied now with my 3080.  Every body was saying how the 5800xt was going to bury the 3080, NOT SO!!

I give credit AMD Has definitely closed the gap on nividia.  But like I was telling all my friends flight simming is a different beast than car racing or 1 shooter games.

Also what about all that extra vram AMD was talking about, and all that extra performance

All I can say concluding the benchmarks illustrate to me. I am a happy camper with my 3080.

When big navi comes out with their 6900 up against nividia 3090 that will probably be another story.

For now u can if u r lucky to have a 3080. Like myself and lucky  enough to pick up a 6800xt we all win, competition is great for the consumer

13 minutes ago, GodAtum said:

These benchmarks are varying wildy. This is about 50fps, but others have 30 fps with the same specs and settings.

True, I guess the fact he’s in the cap and not the 320 for example could be a part of it... we need more detailed benchmarks really.. I will be taking my time now to decide on my next set up.

Yeah in same boat. I've got a 3800X and 2080ti right now running at 1440p so no massive hurry. I was thinking to go 5900X + 6800XT but now I'm not so sure. Like many others I think I'd like a 3080 with a bit more RAM just for the extras that Nvidia still has like RT and DLSS as well as a little better performance at 1440p and definitely better at 4k. Think I'll wait to see how things pan out over the next while.

Hi,

https://www.techspot.com/review/2146-amd-radeon-6800/

If you scroll down to the bottom of the page, they have their results of MSFS running on 1440 and 4k.

MSFS running on the 6800x at 4k, netted 33 fps. On the 3080, MSFS running at 4k, they got 40 fps, which similar to the results of the review on the first page of this topic.

My question is, is it possible for MS to optimize MSFS even more to give us higher fps at 4k with sliders to the right without sacrificing the visual qualities they are offer right now? 

10850K, MSI Unify Z490, 32gb G.Skill Ripjaw 3600 CL16, MSI 5700 XT 8gb, Nochua NH-U12a, WD 500gb Black SSD (OS- Windows 10 Pro), Samsung 2tb Evo plus SSD (games), Superflower 850 watts power supply