Sign in to follow this  
BEAR

tech issues

Guus, in your first post you said RC4 has stopped working. So clearly you've had it working before this problem started.

You need to think about what changes you've made to your system since then. It can't be a Windows update as many others would be affected. I doubt you're the only Dutch person using RC4.

You didn't say so but am I right in assuming CTRL and 7 keys were working? Saying so explicitely would help.

You could provide a link to your keyboard.dat file and I'll compare it to mine.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thank you Ray for your "inexhaustible" patience and help !

RC4.3 worked before, of course. I've been using this great program for a number of years! I installed "IO-bit Driver Booster" & - Software Updater & - Advanced SystemCare 13 Pro " before I got these problems. Ctrl.-7, does NOT work correctly ! Actually the only combination that does NOT work. LOTS of other combinations work. Key: "Ctr.-Shft./ to Repeat" does NOT work either !

I will send you a recent one: "keyboard.dat". Kind regards, Guus.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7o7dc796snio5im/keyboard.dat?dl=0

Paradigit® 25th Anniversary Edition 2017 | Windows® 10 Home vs.20H2 | Proc.: ACPI x64 | CPU: Intel® Core i5-7400 3 Ghz. | RAM: 16 Gb | Intel® HD Graphics 630 64 Gb | Chipset: Intel® 300 SATA AHCI | Hard Disk 1: Kingston SUV 40037 480 Gb SSD | Hard Disk 2: ST 1000 DM SATA GPT 1 Tb.

Hi Guus,

There are two differences between my keyboard.dat and yours. I would like a screenshot of your Keyboard Definitions please so I can check the differences.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Guys,

Dont know if its any help but i run the full versions of "IO-bit Driver Booster,Software Updater and Advanced SystemCare Pro v14

and RC works fine with these.

Gary Jones.

• Upvote 1

Thanks Gary & Ray for your contribution.

Good to know that "IO-Bit" works well with "RC4.3"! It is of course up to the user WHAT optimizes / removes them, and in what way how they "shuffle" the OS !

Ray, hereby a screenshot of the most recent "RC Keyboard Definitions" date, equal to the date of "keyboard.dat".

Regards, Guus.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ubh8slri9bj1uvj/-2020-dec-8-001.jpg?dl=0

Paradigit® 25th Anniversary Edition 2017 | Windows® 10 Home vs.20H2 | Proc.: ACPI x64 | CPU: Intel® Core i5-7400 3 Ghz. | RAM: 16 Gb | Intel® HD Graphics 630 64 Gb | Chipset: Intel® 300 SATA AHCI | Hard Disk 1: Kingston SUV 40037 480 Gb SSD | Hard Disk 2: ST 1000 DM SATA GPT 1 Tb.

Ray, forgot to name: My keyboard setting is now: NLD Dutch (Dutch) - USA International.

Guus,

There are two differences in our keyboard.dat files neither of which should prevent yours working correctly.

Co-Pilot Plane Toggle and Flight Plan Display. I assume you use neither in normal use. Crucially CTRL+7 for Acknowledge is the same for both our setups. The only difference is the keyboard language in use. Can you temporraily switch to English UK to see if it makes a difference?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hello all my helpers,

The time has come ... I give up !

My PC vendor (Paradigit®) informed me that the problem is probably software (RC, FSX ?), Not hardware. He also advised me NOT to use the extensive cleaning program "IO-Bit®"... He knows their programs, and says / thinks they "clean" (read: delete) TOO MUCH ! He advises me to reinstall "Windows 10 Home ®" ...

I now want to reinstall in the next days, weeks (NOT freshen up like I already did last month), but make a Clean Start (with MediaCreation Tool from MS®). Also remove EVERYTHING from FS9.1 - incl. EVERYTHING from my Celestial Navigation - and focus entirely on FSX, ORBX, A2A, RC4.3, in which I have invested a lot of money !

I also tried my keyboard setting "ENG (UK)" where FSX initially gave an error ?! Later when I had FSX & RC4.3 running my same recurring issues were still there ...

Sincerely,

Guus ;-( ;-(

Guus, you could try a repair of Windows 10. That is far less work and may fix it. Failing that a clean installation will no doubt fix the problem.

Good luck and report back when you have some news to report.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray and others,

"MS®" provides several options for renewing "Windows 10", keeping Windows Motherboard settings (boot-stick), but with RE-installing ALL programs!
On "YouTube" I found a way to "refresh" Windows WITHOUT reinstalling everything. (Britec09 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vuaXGox5f0). I have done this with "success" recently and indeed an up-to-date Windows version from 1909 to version 20H2 with all software retained ! However, this "refresh" turned out not to be "deep enough" to resolve my problem.
With the message from my PC vendor that it will not be a hardware problem, and that "IO-Bit®" seems dubious to them too ... (sorry "Benbo", Gary Jones) the limit has been reached for me in my / our fix .

I will now end up with the "MS®" option to keep Motherboard settings (Windows on a bootable stick using: "MS® MediaCreation Tool") AND reinstall ALL programs ; - /, a final solution for my to create persistent problem.
And I'll report again when I can fly around in SATISFACTION with FSX & RC4.3 😉

Guus.

Guus,

Why don’t you just use Otto for acknowledging all instructions until a time when you’re going to switch to another sim? FSX is very old. P3Dv4 is a 64-bit simulator that will give you better performance than FSX.

You're running a 14 year-old program which has never been brilliant. P3Dv4 is a far better sim. Go on, take the plunge when you start afresh.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guus,

I totally agree with what Ray said,i was using FSXSE and FSX boxed edition before that for well over 10 years and i was quite happy with it except the OOM errors.I had all the payware addon aircraft and airports so was i little sceptical about switching to P3Dv4.I finally switched a month or so ago and all i can say is WOW,why on earth i didnt switch earlier i do not know,my FPS improved drastically.My advice to you Guus would be dont waste anymore time on FSX trust me,plus most if not all of my FSX addon airports work fine in P3D.

Gary Jones.

• Like 1

FSX is CPU-bound. To give you a good example I was using an i7-4770K with a 780GTX 3Gb card. I measured the fps at Heathrow.

I then bought a 1080 8Gb card and the fps was exactly the same. So the 1080 was wasted on FSX. That was the trigger for me to buy P3D v3 back in 2015 and it gave me far better performance. You haven't listed your hardware but if it's a i7-4700 or better and your graphics card is a 1070 or better P3D is the answer.

P3D pushes more processing onto the graphics card. FSX relies on the CPU for most of it.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guus, here a screenshot demonstrating the advantages of P3D v4 over FSX.

The memory limit in FSX is 4Gb. In reality it's 3.8Gb because it becomes very unstable with only a small amount of memory remaining. Now look at the top-left corner of this 4K image of the cockpit of the PMDG737 (small image)

The top row is GPU Temp and load. It's cruising at 33%

Next is VRAM or graphics card memory 3.628Gb used out of 11Gb and that's with a 4K display.

Third line is CPU Temp and the fourth is the most critical one. How much of the main CPU1 processor is being used. 63% means it's under no stress at all.

The penultimate line is the amount of memory P3D is using. 10.577Gb. Compare that to FSX's miserly 4Gb. My system has 32Gb of RAM so there's plenty left.

Finally the frame rate is locked to 30 which gives the system room to breath. Sure, I could run it with no limits but what's the point of 50+fps if CPU1 gets chocked trying to deliver something it's not capable of?

And that is why you should dump FSX and buy P3D v4.

https://www.prepar3d.com/product-overview/prepar3d-license-comparison/

System requirements... https://www.prepar3d.com/system-requirements/

PMDG737_UHD.jpg?dl=0

RTSS.jpg

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thank you for this very Convincing info ;-/

I will now have VERY doubts about FSX when I read all this!

... I cannot afford it ... I have calculated that I will pay around € 250 (£ 230) for all the applications that will be added. P3D (Academic), FSUIPC 6, FS RealTime, A2A Accufeel (Academic), A2A C182 Skylane, A2A Constellation, ActiveSky.

Also I will have to miss the A2A Boeing B377 Stratocruiser & A2A Boeing B-17G Bomber  ;- (   I also wonder if my PC-configuration meets the (minimum) fun ?!

Maybe there will be a Christmas / New Years sale !? First try reinstalling Windows ... Then I'll look further !

Guus   ;-/   😉