Sign in to follow this  
rsperge

Error message trying to install fsx gold

Been away about 10 months or so got my new computer couple weeks ago, and wanted to install fsx gold.

My new specs 10700kf, 3080 video card, 32ghz. 3400mgb, 1tb DVMe2 SSD, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, 1000 watts power supply, new monitor S3220dgf\dell computer is Alienware Aurora R11.

Wanted to install fsx gold and got the following error message:  setup does not support UNC or remote drive instellation.

Tried to follow Jim s instructions, appreciate any help or advice

Edited by rsperge

In early August, after a catastrophic system failure, I was unable to activate FSX Gold any longer.  I blew my morning's breakfast allowance on FSX - SE, which behaved quite nicely during installation.  That is my recommendation to you.  The only addons I later ran into trouble with were payware Orbx titles.  With the advent of MSFS two weeks away at the time I opted not to pay for Orbx again.  My FSX SE runs great on my new faster system, and I have brought forward the key aircraft models I was frequenting, as well as my RXP gauges, updated nav databases, my repaints, and my Megascenery and other addon scenery software, both freeware and payware.

Save yourself some frustration.  If you are retaining FSX then get the Steam version.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

First of all good luck on the new system. Been simming for quite a while, never really thought about the steam edition.  I probably have around two thousand dollars worth of addons.   You were able to get your add-ons from fsx gold to fsx steam?

I also plan to install shortly flight simulator 2020 that's why and like most others bought this computer

I also shifted to FSX:SE a while back and all of my FSX addons work, including all ORBX's.  Post here if you have any difficulty installing them.  

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

Thanks so much, will give it a shot, that's great to know keep u informed!!!!

2 hours ago, SAX702 said:

I also shifted to FSX:SE a while back and all of my FSX addons work, including all ORBX's.  Post here if you have any difficulty installing them.  

I ran into Orbx roadblocks.  What did you do to install Orbx products in SE?  

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

1 hour ago, fppilot said:

What did you do to install Orbx products in SE?

I used ORBX Central.  Selected FSX: Steam Edition on top, went to My Products, and installed away.  What kind of roadblocks did you find?

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library