Sign in to follow this  
Toktok

PACSIM Thanksgiving Sale

On 11/19/2020 at 9:50 AM, Wolkenschreck said:

Graham @Toktok , do the v5 installers also include updates or compatibility only? I remember you announced an update for Seoul in October 2019 but I do not know if this was ever released.

Reason I ask is that many widebody stands at RKSI Seoul are the missing their second jetway at Terminal 1 (stands 6, 7, 9, 10, 17, 19, 21, 33, 35, 37, 42, 43, 46, 47, 48, 49) and Terminal 2 (stands 231, 232, 265).

Tried to contacted you for support via email and Facebook multiple times but never got an answer regarding my problem. I do really like and enjoy your products but I have to admit that your customer support gives me a bit of an unwelcoming feeling. 

I would also like to know before buying, the price is for a top-tier like airport and from what I've seen in videos and screenshots the ground textures and night lighting seem far from that.

• Upvote 1

@Wolkenschreck @Fludo I can only agree: Night lighting is a huge weak spot in PacSim's version of Incheon, as I pointed out in this post in April. I never received a reply to it either, so I sadly have to agree with the notion that their customer support gives one an unwelcoming feeling. And every customer is entitled to make her or his own decision, but after spending way too much money for that kind of quality and lack of customer support, I personally decided to never buy a PacSim scenery again. Incheon looks decent at day time, but if a scenery leaves a huge feeling of disappointment every time you fly there at night and this is not even being acknowledged by the developers, something is seriously wrong.

Edited by FWAviation
  • Upvote 1

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

4 hours ago, pgde said:

Thank you but I don't think so, especially for an airport at 35,50$, we shouldn't be bothering with patches at that price point.

In my opinion it's not so much the lighting for the apron but the fact that the buildings seem to glow for themselves at night, if you look at the picture included in the inibuilds website you will see this is not something they can fix with their DN profiles, all the roofs look the same and extremly bright, same for the glass parts of the terminal/jetways. See these two images for comparison, I think the second one is a much better example of night atmosphere implementation.

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/5bb7c274f4755a765c5603bd/1593127929953-W0LG8SDSV3FH13SG9Z8J/ke17ZwdGBToddI8pDm48kNvT88LknE-K9M4pGNO0Iqd7gQa3H78H3Y0txjaiv_0fDoOvxcdMmMKkDsyUqMSsMWxHk725yiiHCCLfrh8O1z5QPOohDIaIeljMHgDF5CVlOqpeNLcJ80NK65_fV7S1UbeDbaZv1s3QfpIA4TYnL5Qao8BosUKjCVjCf8TKewJIH3bqxw7fF48mhrq5Ulr0Hg/RKSI.png?format=1500w

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/5bb7c274f4755a765c5603bd/1603562971590-HOD2C01696JZJAUPO0N3/ke17ZwdGBToddI8pDm48kNvT88LknE-K9M4pGNO0Iqd7gQa3H78H3Y0txjaiv_0fDoOvxcdMmMKkDsyUqMSsMWxHk725yiiHCCLfrh8O1z5QPOohDIaIeljMHgDF5CVlOqpeNLcJ80NK65_fV7S1UbeDbaZv1s3QfpIA4TYnL5Qao8BosUKjCVjCf8TKewJIH3bqxw7fF48mhrq5Ulr0Hg/Prepar3D_2020-10-20_01-16-32.png?format=1500w

On 11/18/2020 at 4:43 AM, Toktok said:

If you bought P3DV4/FSX sim versions of any product, simply use the original P3DV4 download link (from your email) and mention "P3DV5 UPGRADE" to get the product discount link. If in doubt, please use the Support Email at the PacSim Store before proceeding with purchase. More info at the V5 product page here:  https://www.islandsim.com/store-532096-711066.html

Hi

How much is the upgrade price for RKSI?

Regards, Perry

In the past years, I bought few PacSim sceneries and am very very very very pleased with those!!  I want to buy KRNO and kslc sceneries on sale but unfurtunately Pacsim have stopped and continued refusing to sell in other retail flight simming websites preferring to sell via its own Pacsim website.

Oh well

Regards,

Aharon

Edited by Aharon
  • Like 2

signCopy.jpg

What’s the upgrade price for v5? I didn’t get an answer by the dev, but still considering RKSI.

Edited by longrangecruise

Regards, Perry

On 11/22/2020 at 8:20 AM, Aharon said:

In the past years, I bought few PacSim sceneries and am very very very very pleased with those!!  I want to buy KRNO and kslc sceneries on sale but unfurtunately Pacsim have stopped and continued refusing to sell in other retail flight simming websites preferring to sell via its own Pacsim website.

Oh well

Regards,

Aharon

So -- what is wrong with that?

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

3 hours ago, longrangecruise said:

What’s the upgrade price for v5? I didn’t get an answer by the dev, but still considering RKSI.

I believe it is $6.99 for the P3dv5 installer. Graham sends an email with the purchase link and price and if I recall it came within a few minutes of when I requested the upgrade from their website.

Cheers, Pete

• Upvote 2

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

1 hour ago, pgde said:

Normally nothing. But doing business with a developer who only shows up for sale announcements and otherwise not caring about customer questions and product issues gives me some uncertainty. What can guarantee me that PacSim will not close its doors altogether? With Simmarket I can at least still download the installers. 

You can see by my post history that I was very enthusiastic about PacSim and particularly their RKSI. But when you ask for a premium price, you also have to deliver a certain service. And this does not match up here.

And the question about the updated content remains. I will just say this: RKSI for v4 runs nicely in v5 and only required an updated AFCAD, which was done in under a minute by myself. There needs to be more than such a simple fix to wake my interest in a $7 upgrade.

Nevertheless, I would be very happy to learn that I am wrong on this and that the update does include the mentioned fixes for RKSI (jetways, night lighting).

Edited by Wolkenschreck
  • Like 2

Best,
Christoph

Display resolution: 1920x1080 (8xSSAA)    GPU: 1080TI     CPU: i7-7700K (5.0 OC)    RAM: 16GB     SSD: Samsung 850Evo     Monitor: 27K

FSBetaTesters3.png

17 hours ago, pgde said:

I also prefer to buy from retail webstores. Instead of having to deal with a multitude of individual accounts and sign-ons on developer websites, I like to have a central place where I do my purchases (like Steam for games). I can track my purchase history of all add-ons in one place, read honest user reviews of products, compare prices, get the latest deals, and put items in a wish-list for later purchase. Everything just feels more transparent and effortless when buying from a good webstore such as simmarket.

• Like 1

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit