Sign in to follow this  
Toktok

PACSIM Thanksgiving Sale

On 11/24/2020 at 3:42 PM, Wolkenschreck said:

Normally nothing. But doing business with a developer who only shows up for sale announcements and otherwise not caring about customer questions and product issues gives me some uncertainty. What can guarantee me that PacSim will not close its doors altogether? With Simmarket I can at least still download the installers. 

You can see by my post history that I was very enthusiastic about PacSim and particularly their RKSI. But when you ask for a premium price, you also have to deliver a certain service. And this does not match up here.

I have to agree with you, the behaviour of PacSim doesn't create trust and confidence at all. I must say that I was surprised to see @Toktok re-appearing in this forum just in order to promote their sales and then disappearing without even trying to counter the criticism posted by you, me and other users regarding their lack of support and quality. I must say that this creates more and more of a "Taxi2Gate feel" for me: Just like Taxi2Gate, PacSim was or even still is praised by many simmers for their sceneries, but at closer inspection, there is a serious lack of quality (at the very least at night) and even more so, a serious lack of customer support and acknowledgment of those flaws. This only re-inforces my decision to never buy a PacSim scenery again. And if this is what PacSim wants to achieve by making their sale announcements every once in a while in this forum and then disappearing from the face of earth, this is a very puzzling business decision of theirs.

Edited by FWAviation

Thanksgiving Sales ends Monday folks. A big thank you to those who've purchased our products to date. Direct all product issues via Support email at the PacSim website as we don't attend to product issues at the Bargain Hunters' forum. Thanks.

Edited for speeling

Visit the tribe @ http://islandsim.com

16 hours ago, Toktok said:

Thanksgiving Sales ends Monday folks. A big thank you to those who've purchased our products to date. Direct all product issues via Support email at the PacSim website as we don't attend to product issues at the Bargain Hunters' forum. Thanks.

Funny that you say that, since @Wolkenschreck apparently couldn't reach you via e-mail several times and just in February, you asked me on this very forum to give you further feedback on the night problems in Incheon, which I provided to you, but then you vanished. Who tells me that I can expect an answer from you or your colleagues when I send you a support e-mail?

Edited by FWAviation

21 hours ago, FWAviation said:

I have to agree with you, the behaviour of PacSim doesn't create trust and confidence at all. I must say that I was surprised to see @Toktok re-appearing in this forum just in order to promote their sales and then disappearing without even trying to counter the criticism posted by you, me and other users regarding their lack of support and quality. I must say that this creates more and more of a "Taxi2Gate feel" for me: Just like Taxi2Gate, PacSim was or even still is praised by many simmers for their sceneries, but at closer inspection, there is a serious lack of quality (at the very least at night) and even more so, a serious lack of customer support and acknowledgment of those flaws. This only re-inforces my decision to never buy a PacSim scenery again. And if this is what PacSim wants to achieve by making their sale announcements every once in a while in this forum and then disappearing from the face of earth, this is a very puzzling business decision of theirs.

Re Customer Service..... I have called upon them several times for assistance and every time the response was quick, problem was solved and a courteous interaction. I'm a long time customer and will continue be so. 

Dave

4 hours ago, FWAviation said:

Funny that you say that, since @Wolkenschreck apparently couldn't reach you via e-mail several times and just in February, you asked me on this very forum to give you further feedback on the night problems in Incheon, which I provided to you, but then you vanished. Who tells me that I can expect an answer from you or your colleagues when I send you a support e-mail?

Seriously stop pissing on our Sales advertising here and use the Support email. Admins, please remove posts and replies that has nothing to do with our Thanksgiving Sales.

Edited for speeling

Visit the tribe @ http://islandsim.com

As a potential target of your sales (I was planning to get two of your airports), I do think I appreciate the warnings here. Decided to spend my money elsewhere. 

On 11/19/2020 at 9:50 AM, Wolkenschreck said:

Graham @Toktok , do the v5 installers also include updates or compatibility only? I remember you announced an update for Seoul in October 2019 but I do not know if this was ever released.
[...]
Tried to contacted you for support via email and Facebook multiple times but never got an answer regarding my problem. I do really like and enjoy your products but I have to admit that your customer support gives me a bit of an unwelcoming feeling. 

Being the one who first issued a question, I feel responsible for the way this thread developed, Graham. But I need to quote myself here [emphasis added by me now] to put it in perspective, as I was primarily interested in what I get if I buy your update. Not more and not less, and I do not aim to damage your sales campaign.

The past months were demanding for all of us, and there are far more important things happening in the world than some nitpicking about our little flight sim toy. Thus, I can understand when I feel like a pain in the neck for you. Remembering your video interview with AirDailyX, I got the impression that you are an easygoing and friendly person, and text messages are not the best way to transport a message.

Finally, I want to be as transparent and fair as possible here: I wrote one email and wrote on Facebook. As I got a reply on Facebook and not via email, I then continued on Facebook. However, you never got back to me, even after some reminders.

• Like 1

Best,
Christoph

Display resolution: 1920x1080 (8xSSAA)    GPU: 1080TI     CPU: i7-7700K (5.0 OC)    RAM: 16GB     SSD: Samsung 850Evo     Monitor: 27K

FSBetaTesters3.png

5 hours ago, Toktok said:

Seriously stop pissing on our Sales advertising here and use the Support email. Admins, please remove posts and replies that has nothing to do with our Thanksgiving Sales.

I think this has escalated too far already, and in accordance with @Wolkenschreck's suggestion, I think we should stay fair, on both sides.

Wolkenschreck's initial post read as if he had repeatedly tried to contact you via e-mail but without success. Thanks for clearing this up, Wolkenschreck. And I admit that in this context, I found your "please e-mail our support" reply particularly provocative and showed that in the harshness of my reaction. I'd like to apologise for that. Still, I find it regrettable (and I think it is my good right to point that out) that I never got a reaction from you on the forum post you asked me about in February. I will contact your support regarding the lighting issue, but as a customer, you cannot expect me to condone the tone that you just struck.

• Upvote 1

On 11/17/2020 at 10:43 PM, Toktok said:

If you bought P3DV4/FSX sim versions of any product, simply use the original P3DV4 download link (from your email) and mention "P3DV5 UPGRADE" to get the product discount link.

Thanks for sending me the upgrade links.  Worked perfectly and I purchased the v5 versions today.

On 11/26/2020 at 2:35 AM, Toktok said:

Ninoy Aquino is absolutely gorgeous in VR!😍

I'll link you a sweet video I recorded there later.

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2