Sign in to follow this  
jay1010

gtn750/650 support for msfs2020

They would need there to be a software GTN650/750 in the sim which there isn’t yet, I understand from RXP that the SDK does not yet have the capability they need to bring their products to MSFS.

So like many things were waiting for, it comes down to the SDK.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

2 hours ago, regis9 said:

it comes down to the SDK.

Let's stop beating around the bush here, it comes down to MS/Asobo preventing it from happening. As of right now there's no indication that it will happen anytime soon.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

MS/Asobo hasn't prevented it from happening. They just haven't provided the best guidance in the SDK yet for those that wish to develop it.

James

Great question. I have the RSG GTN 750 bezel just sitting idle during MFS sessions and it's one of two hardware devices I miss using. GoFLight modules (8), FIPs, Brunner yoke, and VF TQ6+ all function well with the new sim. The absence of the GTN is notable and hopefully RXP will get what they need...I wants it now! 😉

cheers,

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

2 hours ago, Chocorua said:

Great question. I have the RSG GTN 750 bezel just sitting idle during MFS sessions and it's one of two hardware devices I miss using. GoFLight modules (8), FIPs, Brunner yoke, and VF TQ6+ all function well with the new sim. The absence of the GTN is notable and hopefully RXP will get what they need...I wants it now! 😉

cheers,

you are not going to get it now, thats obvious.

in the long term all these things are going to be added, i am pretty sure of that.

and its also obvious some ppl dont have the patience required for that.

I thank you for your warm comments!

You might want to further read this:

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Yes, please! The GTN750 has been my go to in the real world cockpit for 7+ years. I feel lost without it...(pun intended):

My Baron 58 Cockpit on a recent trip from Leesburg (KJYO) to Asheville (KAVL):

ytz2P43.png

• Like 2

12 hours ago, RXP said:

You might want to further read this:

On 8/26/2020 at 6:59 PM, RXP said:

The problem is not about running the trainer process nor in displaying the GTN screen in a FS2020 gauge. This is impossible as-is with FS2020 sandboxed approach.

RXP is being to polite and nice, let me real world interpret - the "sandboxed approach" means that MS/Asobo is preventing 3rd party dev's to integrate code into MSFS2020 making it impossible for the GTN 750 to be developed for the sim. That's why some 3rd party dev's like "navigraph" need to build "outside" the box.

• Like 1

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

No one has shown that the present limitations in the MSFS SDK are as a result of a conspiracy designed to foil 3rd party developers. Some of the missing pieces were left out to limit bugs in the initial releases of MSFS. Other features were left out to enhance performance. It's same rationale that Asobo used to initially exclude VR.

As REX has shown with WeatherForce, some features are built into the sim, but they are not accessible via formal SDK calls. I'm not sure about Navigraph. All I think that they did was to decode the MSFS navigation database files and reproduce the data more accurately. Other 3rd party developers have figured out additional file formats used by Asobo and have made progress in creating models, airports and even revised Digital  Elevation Model files. A clever modder even added seasons. Asobo could have made the process smoother for 3PDs, but the sim would have been even more unstable than it was when released.

The one area that has lagged behind is the development of 3rd party aircraft. Whether that will catch up soon is debatable. The main players are taking their time in order to prevent the release of buggy products which are missing key features. 

15 hours ago, Ajb376 said:

Yes, please! The GTN750 has been my go to in the real world cockpit for 7+ years. I feel lost without it...(pun intended):

My Baron 58 Cockpit on a recent trip from Leesburg (KJYO) to Asheville (KAVL):

ytz2P43.png

WOW MSFS never looked so real...!!!!!!

Chris Camp