Sign in to follow this  
fs1

New ATC and Airport Operations Application Testing

Also, I see some weird ground movment  (mainly backward large radius(hundreds of meter) circle), with AIGround , as I mainly use AIGround for lengthen the AI's landing distance for faster vacant.

1 hour ago, C2615 said:

Great work!

Tested on RJTT with the xml entrrence below:

<Airport>
	<ICAO>RJTT</ICAO>
	<ActiveTakeOffRunway>
		<Runway>R05</Runway>
	</ActiveTakeOffRunway>
	<ActiveTakeOffRunway>
		<Runway>R34R</Runway>
	</ActiveTakeOffRunway>
	<ActiveTakeOffRunway>
		<Runway>R16L</Runway>
	</ActiveTakeOffRunway>
	<ActiveTakeOffRunway>
		<Runway>R16R</Runway>
	</ActiveTakeOffRunway>
	<ActiveLandingRunway>
		<Runway>R23</Runway>
	</ActiveLandingRunway>
	<ActiveLandingRunway>
		<Runway>R22</Runway>
	</ActiveLandingRunway>
	<ActiveLandingRunway>
		<Runway>R16L</Runway>
	</ActiveLandingRunway>
		<ActiveLandingRunway>
		<Runway>R16R</Runway>
	</ActiveLandingRunway>
	</Airport>

What I noticed:

AI pick only the listied runway as well, no more 04/05 landing and 22/23 Take off!

I see one instance ATC tells AI to go 35L which is for "crosswind runway" trick, I guess the crosswind runway trick in ADE/AFCAD is nolonger needed?

Despite I set wind 020/16, AI still picks runway all over the airport, and even head-on takeoff with landing on like 34L/16R or 05/23.

I didn't noticed the "probability based on the number of entries", it seems 22 is the most used rwy for landing and followed by 16L/R, with them low on the entries (and north wind). And I only see one T/O on Rwy05 when it's listed on the top (it's far from apron, compare to default, it's good that any flight actually use it)

Thanks for the feedback.

The probability assignment does not seem to to work, sometimes the addon sends or picks only one runway. I will check on this and the possibility to include wind in runway determination.

Federico Sucari

15 minutes ago, fs1 said:

Thanks for the feedback.

The probability assignment does not seem to to work, sometimes the addon sends or picks only one runway. I will check on this and the possibility to include wind in runway determination.

Thanks for the great work.

Regarding the wind, could it possible to set as a "tailwind tolerants"? I know there are some airport that prefer certain direction of opreation untill the tailwind is too heavy.

But anyway, hope you can eliminate the head-on opreation (which btw, very rarely but I have seen IRL)

2 minutes ago, C2615 said:

But anyway, hope you can eliminate the head-on opreation (which btw, very rarely but I have seen IRL)

Thanks! Can you describe this head-on operation and how can we fix this? 

Federico Sucari

9 minutes ago, fs1 said:

It's when one AI Approaching say RWY23, and another one taking off at 05, the same pavement

It's kinda P3D's own thing as I have seen it with default AI and when wind was changed by weather software. but with this add-on, since AI can randomly pick runway, it's exaggerated, seems like in P3D's ATC's mind, runway 23 and runway 05 is a totally different thing and can be give clearnce without conflict.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, fs1 said:

When wind direction is variable and/or light winds (<6 knots), it has always been a problem for the sim to determine which runways to select for departure and arrivals.
E.g. the sim sends AI traffic to land on runway 05R and 23L or take-off from 05L and 23R.

For a 'complicated' runway system like EGCC (take-offs only on one end, landings only on the reciprocal) the AI engine struggles, especially when the two runways are different lengths (priority is given to the longer runway).

Personally, I would like ATCAPI to have the ability to read the ADE files of the airports on my flightplan, show which runway ends are available, and have checkboxes to force the AI engine to use the runways as I have chosen (e.g. 05L take-offs only and 05R landings only, meaning that no departures or arrivals using 23L or 23R unless I selected them).

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

9 minutes ago, F737NG said:

When wind direction is variable and/or light winds (<6 knots), it has always been a problem for the sim to determine which runways to select for departure and arrivals.
E.g. the sim sends AI traffic to land on runway 05R and 23L or take-off from 05L and 23R.

For a 'complicated' runway system like EGCC (take-offs only on one end, landings only on the reciprocal) the AI engine struggles, especially when the two runways are different lengths (priority is given to the longer runway).

Personally, I would like ATCAPI to have the ability to read the ADE files of the airports on my flightplan, show which runway ends are available, and have checkboxes to force the AI engine to use the runways as I have chosen (e.g. 05L take-offs only and 05R landings only, meaning that no departures or arrivals using 23L or 23R unless I selected them).

Ok thanks. Let me check how can we code this. Thanks

• Upvote 1

Federico Sucari

42 minutes ago, fs1 said:

Let me check how can we code this.

Thanks.

Just in case I wasn't clear, some airports have preferred directions for traffic movements.
For instance:

• EGLL has traffic departing from 27L and on arriving 27R, even with a 9kt tailwind (winds: 090 / 09) and then alternates the runway usage everyday at 3pm.
  • KSFO very, very rarely has traffic landing on 01L or 01R.

I'd like to have strict control over which runways permit certain AI traffic movements so that I can replicate the examples above, please.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Just a general question here: I am afraid there may be some potential conflict when using AI Ground and ATCAPI (not sure about AI Flow). Is there any guidance here (in some settings for instance) or are we just at some kind of early stage ? Thanks for all this good work that makes our sim even more realistic !

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, F737NG said:

I'd like to have strict control over which runways permit certain AI traffic movements so that I can replicate the examples above, please.

I kinda think this can be done by just manually edit the xml, and it can be reloaded on the fly....

But still, would be better if it can be done autonomously

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, C2615 said:

I kinda think this can be done by just manually edit the xml, and it can be reloaded on the fly....

But still, would be better if it can be done autonomously

Agree that it would be best if it was done automatically. However, how would you (for example) get the runways at EGLL to alternate at 15:00 without needing extra scripts written and added complication to the program?

Also, the UI needs to be as simple as possible for the user. For me, that means not manually editing any files. Checkboxes could be one method to achieve that.

Just putting my thoughts out there.

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, pmemery said:

Just a general question here: I am afraid there may be some potential conflict when using AI Ground and ATCAPI (not sure about AI Flow). Is there any guidance here (in some settings for instance) or are we just at some kind of early stage ? Thanks for all this good work that makes our sim even more realistic !

I don’t know how AI Ground works. We will need to investigate potential conflicts if any.

I agree with all that the GUI has lots of opportunities areas.

Edited by fs1

Federico Sucari

2 hours ago, grandfred29 said:

Hello do you think you will bring us an update this week? 

Thanks

Yes, posting an update this week. How has been testing & feedback?

Thanks

Federico

Federico Sucari